I need advice

Options
I start my weight loss at 340lb im down to 286 i been doing only cardio i like to know if is ok start doing weight lifting or lose more weight before i start weight lifting any advice will be appreciate thank you

Replies

• ellkay2
    ellkay2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Definitely start weight lifting now. Also, congrats on your progress so far!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Wow way to go!!! I'd say it's never too early to hit the weights. Have fun
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Hooray for weightlifting!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Start lifting ASAP. You'll thank yourself for it in the end.
  • yuselRivera
    yuselRivera Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    ellkay2 wrote: »
    Definitely start weight lifting now. Also, congrats on your progress so far!

Thanks
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Start now. Cardio burns some great calories and is good for your cardio-vascular health, but nothing changes your body like weight lifting does. It's never too early to begin. Find a good progressive program and work it in 3 or 4 days a week and you'll be amazed at the results.

Nice work on the weight loss, keep it up!
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress!! Another vote to start weight lifting now!! You won't regret it. Please just be safe!!
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Definitely start lifting. I recommend yesterday if not sooner. You are off to a great start. Just stick with it and before you know it, you will look back and be amazed at what you have accomplished.
  • SaraydaB
    SaraydaB Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can incorporate both? Lifting and a little cardio for extra burn
  • doittoitgirl
    doittoitgirl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Starting a weightlifting routine with your cardio routine will help you burn even more. Plus weights will really help reshape your body in the long term if you start at the beginning of your weight loss journey.
  • maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Definitely do weight training and lots of compound movements because your body will still continue to burn calories after the workout is over. Weights first, cardio, then abs if you are pairing them same day :D