Courgette/zucchini recipes?

Options
ellefox70
ellefox70 Posts: 58 Member
I have a glut of courgettes and wondered what other people do with theres? I love them grilled and also stir fried with chillie but would love some other suggestions! Thanx

Replies

• lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Black bean zucchini cakes are very good. I usually eat these with salsa, Greek yogurt and sliced avocado.

http://www.food.com/recipe/black-bean-zucchini-pancakes-317187

Also check out Skinnytatse.com. She has a ton of zucchini recipes using spiralized or sliced zucchini in place of pasta.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I make zucchini protein pancakes, I've also had zoats which are pretty good.

I add them the omelette/frittata, make zoodles, cover them in spices and bake them, I've used big ones scooped out and stuffed.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Just made a frittata last night that had a couple of yellow squash shredded in it. They could just as easily have been zucchini. I shredded them using the big holes on the cheese grater. Then I let them drain and even squeezed them a bit to get rid of some of the liquid. I then sauteed them before adding the eggs and cheese to get some more liquid out. Hubby and I both agreed the shredded consistency was more pleasing than chunks would have been.

I have a friend out in Ohio who annually just makes lots of zucchini bread and mails it to folks. She recently made my mother and her aides in the nursing home very happy with a box of breads & muffins. She even sent us a box this year which we are slowly making our way through. We froze most of it and gave a couple loaves away.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Zucchini Boats! Yummy and you can put anything in them. Cut off end of zucchini, Microwave until for tender, cut in half, scoop out guts, Strain the water out of the guts and then mix with any veggies you like( I like to rice cauliflower), a raw egg, bread crumbs, cheese, sausage, chicken etc etc then bake in the oven. Tomato sauce is good mixed in there too. So many possibilities
  • ellefox70
    Options
    These all sound great, thank you everyone! Am going to work my way through them all, and the way my crop is going, then start again!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Zucchini Boats! Yummy and you can put anything in them. Cut off end of zucchini, Microwave until for tender, cut in half, scoop out guts, Strain the water out of the guts and then mix with any veggies you like( I like to rice cauliflower), a raw egg, bread crumbs, cheese, sausage, chicken etc etc then bake in the oven. Tomato sauce is good mixed in there too. So many possibilities

I had an old Julia Child cookbook that had parsnip puree in zucchini boats as a side dish. It was to die for!! Here's a recent version someone did http://chocolatechiptrips.blogspot.com/2009/05/can-i-just-say-that-i-love-julia-child.html
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    When my garden was exploding zucchini, the boats cleared up my surplus right quick.
  • ellefox70
    Options
    Just had courgette boats stuffed with puy lentils, braised in veg stock with red onion and a little bit of feta cheese. Total winner! Thank u very much! Courgette frittata tomorrow and black bean courgette cakes planned for Friday. Can't wait for dinner time
  • blondie_mfp
    blondie_mfp Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    double chocolate zucchini bread

I've made it, and it is so moist, flavorful, and decadent! not low cal, but worth it to me.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    I like them stuffed with rice and herbs, cooked with beef in thick tomato sauce (add them when meat is almost done), sliced and fried (I dip them in flour first), and zucchini omelette is a favourite last minute dinner (thinly slice them, fry them until golden, then add the egg mixture).
  • cosmichvoyager
    cosmichvoyager Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    sautee them with garlic, chile power and cumin and use for taco filling.
    Grate them and add to lowfat turkey meatballs.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    My family loves this easy recipe. And they freeze well. I just use nonstick cooking spray instead of the butter.
    http://www.food.com/recipe/zucchini-fritters-7073