Goal is 80 pounds!

Options
annagomos1
annagomos1 Posts: 1 Member
I'm willing to put in the work but I need motivation and to stay on track. Any tips ?

Replies

• RichardM1047
    RichardM1047 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    annagomos1 wrote: »
    I'm willing to put in the work but I need motivation and to stay on track. Any tips ?

A suggestion would be to start with small goals to trim of some weight.
    My doctor has suggested for me to knock off 500 calories a day for ten weeks. Cut out all junk foods and try to exercise in order to burn some calories too! It's a step by step program for health my friend!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I recommend logging everything you do and eat for a week without making changes. Then look at your diet and schedule and see what changes would best work for you. Are there foods you could easily swap for lower calorie options? Are there places or times which lead you to overeat? Do you need to cut portion sizes?

Then find something active which you enjoy doing enough to stick with, and make it a part of your life. It will help you stay on track by giving you a larger number of calories you can eat, and will also protect your lean muscle and improve your health.

I've lost almost 60 lbs since I started to track on MFP six months ago. You can do this! Take some photos now, I was too ashamed of my appearance to take before photos and now I wish I had.
  • SaraydaB
    SaraydaB Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I want to lose 60-70 pounds (17 so far)...

Started slow to Make this something permanent... maybe start making small changes and tracking your progress... For me for example.. First two weeks I banned white carbs, fried food and sugar (had them once a week)... lost 10 pounds the first two weeks because of the water weight... then I started switching my favorites junk foods for healthier versions etc.... I started tracking everything on MFP and looking at the protein, fiber, sugar etc...

I looked a lot of youtube videos of What I eat in a day (1200 calories) looking for some ideas and weight loss stories as well... filled my instagram with fitness and weight loss accounts and started exercise at my own rhythm.

Slowly tracking my weight and making changes... For example I was eating all my calories and more on the weekends so I made some adjustments and I am truly seeing results.

This is what I have done and I feel this is not a "diet" but a lifestyle... And I also Don´t eat anything I don´t like.

I log all my food one day before, cook most of it. Just drink tea and water (never been a fan of soda).

This is my personal experience... Hope you can achieve your 80 pounds ;) Feel free to add
  • nicruns
    nicruns Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Lately, I've been having some success thinking about what I do enjoy (that's healthy) and running with it!
    So I'll spot healthy choices within my log that I wound up enjoying WAY more than I originally thought I would and incorporating those choices more & more into daily life.

Examples include things like: walking to work.... eating cold apples as snacks (no clue why-- but a colder temperature apple is more delicious to me than room temperature or sun-warmed apples!)... spin class (love the music/atmosphere)
    & just by focusing on that over the last month or two-- I've dropped some weight (and it's felt like not so much of an effort/chore)

& breaking things down into manageable goals has helped too.
    (an example there: there are groups in the "Challenge" forum, one of which focuses on a goal of 5lbs a month. Nothing too drastic about that! & if you make it: great. If not, that's OK too. But at least it breaks the ultimate/cumulative 80lb goal up bit by bit!)

I'm with you!
    I definitely have 80 to drop, but I'm focused on the first 50lb for now.
    Best of luck-- you're 10000000% not alone in this!
    The goal is possible!
  • hpacaro
    hpacaro Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Things that have helped me stay on track (2 years and counting!)
    -Know why you are doing it and keep reminding yourself every day, especially on those days you struggle
    -Surround yourself with people that have qualities you aspire to create in yourself
    -Find something you enjoy doing for exercise and do that! But keep trying new things as well because you will inevitably hit a plateau at some point.
    -Find ways to incorporate healthy habits into your day and just push through the discomfort knowing that it won't be easy in the beginning and some things may be downright uncomfortable but if you have to push through the discomfort in order to create long term habits. Too many times we use discomfort as an "out" and say "I wasn't meant to do that..." but it's a natural part of change.
    -When you have a bad day (as we all do), don't talk negatively to yourself or feed into the self-deprecating thoughts that send us into a downward spiral. They will get you nowhere except right back where you started. Let it be the blip that it is and move on to healthier habits the next day.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    your goal is to lose 80 pounds or to weigh 80 pounds?
  • thenewkrissy
    thenewkrissy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started my journey april of 2016 and my goals were put into increments i started at 190-195 and my first mini goal was 167 then i 150, . Which is where i am at now, plus i desired to build muscles particularly in my legs and butt. My current goal is 140 but ultimate goal weight is 135, which i am slowly getting to. Start small and work your way through. Dont give up despite setbacks. You will loose the fat. But your gonna have to put in the work everyday. Good luck ;)
  • ashharris424
    ashharris424 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    As someone who still has 75lbs to go before I'm at my goal, I'll tell you a few things that worked for me.

- Don't force yourself to do something you hate. If you really hate running, don't jump into a c25k program just because others see good results. You'll quit if you don't enjoy it. If you're a cardio junkie, pick up a fun workout video or go to a kickboxing class. If you enjoy strength training, go to the gym and try out the weight machines. Even if you're not sure where to start, most gyms will allow you a 1 time session with a personal trainer that can set you up and get you going.
    - Don't stop eating all your normal foods at one time. (unless you like the mood swings of a serial killer) lol! I'm a pizza and ice cream junkie. I still have pizza once a week and I've switched out my high cal ice creams for Halo Top. Still tastes just as good! Just remind yourself that it's ok to eat what you like. Keep in mind though, that you either need a plan to burn off any extra calories you eat, or you need to adjust your meals for the whole day if you eat one high cal meal. Use your good judgement and make smart decisions.
    - FIND A BUDDY! This has been crucial for me! I've started losing weight so many times in the past. I never stuck with it longer than a couple months. This year, my new years resolution was to lose at least 50lbs by the end of the year. I had a friend agree to start losing weight with me and we've kept each other accountable since January. I even fell off the wagon for a month and gained some back. But having that friend still working at it motivated me to get back in the groove.
    - Don't freak out when the scale doesn't move. Even if you're not losing weight, you're building endurance, building muscle, and building confidence. Just keep at it, adjust accordingly, and have a 30 second dance party when the scale starts moving again!

Speaking of 30 second dance parties, those are great workouts! Do one of those every half hour at work for a little extra calorie burn! lol