Possible to still lose?

Options
Same here. I am 38 very soon to be 39. I lost 30 lbs over this past year, but find myself slowly gaining a couple lbs back here and there. I want to lose weight but need some serious help !!

Replies

• jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    how did you lose 30 pounds before and what is your plan to lose more?

it's definitely possible. you just need to be in a calorie deficit.
  • JJS1979
    JJS1979 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the progress. It took me about 18 months to lose 35 lbs. I personally don't think its good to be in a caloric deficit for an extended period of time ( for me that number was 12 weeks). Your body is very good at adapting to your current diet and exercise routine to maintain energy.

What worked for me is that I would focus on losing for 12 weeks or so and then for the next 4 weeks look to just maintain, allowed my body to reset and adjust to my new calories and workout level. I then would recacluate my macros for a small deficit and do it again for 3 months, and then another 4 weeks of just maintenance.

This seemed to work, everytime I reset and started up again, I would start to lose weight again. Also, refeeds helped a lot. Won't go in to the details, you can google it but it certainly helped and kept me sane. Goodluck!
  • andersonlindag
    andersonlindag Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have just used this app. I consume 1300 calories daily. I need to get some exercise in though other than just walking. I get at the very least 12k steps a day.
  • GrayRider61
    GrayRider61 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    12,000 is awesome! Maybe add a bodyweight program 2 or 3 times per week. Nerdfitness.com has a good one.
  • andersonlindag
    andersonlindag Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion!