Kind of sucky NSV

Options
MeganSWoods
MeganSWoods Posts: 196 Member
I noticed that I'm not burning as much as I was according to my HRM because I'm not as big-- AND the smaller I get, the fewer calories I can eat to keep my weight loss going!

Good things, yes, but kind of sucky! Haha

Replies

• melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    I've been noticing the same thing!

Stronger is always better than bigger - think positive :happy: we can go farther, faster now. And lift more too!
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I was totally thinking about posting about the exact same thing!! It's good, but bad too! LOL! :laugh:
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I've been noticing the same thing!

Stronger is always better than bigger - think positive :happy: we can go farther, faster now. And lift more too!

Very good point! What a great way to look at it!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Try upping the intensity, you can also increase the duration if you have the time. When I started runnubg my calorie burn shot up again. I'm supposed to eat 2,600+ calories today due to my workout.

Congrats!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    im in the same boat!!!
  • ronboy1979
    ronboy1979 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Try adding weights to your treadmill routine.
  • cfremon
    cfremon Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    When I first started researching dieting and exercise, I was struck by that realization. (This is probably cause I research everything to death before I try it.) I kept thinking, "Wow, this is awful -- the more weight I lose, the less I'll be able to eat and the less effective my workouts will be."

But then, again, there are upsides. The more muscle you develop and the higher your resting metabolism gets, the more calories you burn by just sitting around. (And isn't that kind of awesome? Because of all the work I've been doing, I can sit down and watch a movie and burn more calories than I would have been able to burn watching the same movie several months ago.)

And even though I won't be able to have as much of my favorite foods, I will be able to have even more of my favorite activities. Before I would have gotten winded going on a beautiful hike, or wouldn't have been able to spend the whole night dancing. Now I can make it through the whole hike without needing a break or needing to turn back; and I'm able to dance the night away, with only breaks for water. And this winter, it means I'll be able to go ice skating all evening long. I look at it like I'm trading indulgences -- less food, but way more fun.

I don't know if those lines of thought will help you at all. On the other hand, how awesome is it that you're even at this point where you're dealing with this NSV? Just shows that all of the hard work is producing results (even if some of them suck).
  • boopiejones
    Options
    as you lose weight, you should find that you can run/bike/whatever farther and longer. that will burn more calories, which will give you more leeway in your diet.

also, incorporating weight training is a great idea. muscle weighs more than fat, and you;ll be burning more calories standing still than you would have burned without the added muscle. again, more leeway in your diet...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!