Looking for your experience with Yes.Fit

Options
ZoneFive
ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
I recently heard about Yes.Fit virtual racing and was looking over the website tonight. Has anyone here tried it? What did you think?

Replies

• Wussinboots
    Wussinboots Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started with a free race (All Roads Lead To Rome) the last week of June and I have 6.4 miles to go of 27.3 miles. I wanted to start with a free race to see if I'd like it. You probably saw that it uses Google Maps to build a route or course for the race. The website drops pins along the route at the end of each of your walks or runs so you can see your progress along the route. When you click on the pin, a photo of that point on the route pops up and you can explore the area using Google Street View, which is fun. From a technical viewpoint, it generally works well but sometimes my walks appear twice; however, it's really easy to edit or delete a walk. I wish there were an app for this and/or that the website was a bit more mobile-friendly. (I believe they're working on a mobile app.)

I do think it would be more fun with friends. Let me know if you'd like to start a race together.
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I did a Yes.fit event that had proceeds tied to pancreatic cancer research ... it was a short event - like 5 miles. As soon as I synced my running app to the Yes.fit page, the Yes.fit page said I completed the event because I ran that many miles earlier in the day. I tried to remove the data point, but every time I resynced, it would find the day's data point and say once again that I completed it. Finally I said forget it, just mail me the dang medal... and went out and ran 5 more miles to "complete" the race. Frustrating experience and I never signed up for another event since for fear that it would just sync all my past data and say I finished already. Hopefully it was just a fluke!