Tired...

Options
I've been working out after work for quite a while now and I drink my protein drinks and get plenty of sleep at night but I every day I am constantly fighting falling asleep...at my desk, during my workout, everything....Any thoughts on how to get rid of the constant sleepy feeling?

Any help is welcomed!!!!!

Replies

• estherg4
    estherg4 Posts: 1
    Options
    talk to your Dr. those are signs of sleep apnea.
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    are you getting enough rest days, that is you're not working out 7 days a week? also, go to a doctor and have medical reasons ruled out such as a wonky thyroid. that's what i ended up with, after years of being okay, so don't discount it, have it checked to be safe.
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Sleep Apnea, definitely...Nothing to mess around with...Higher risk of stroke, heart attack and weight gain...
  • JeffGDDG
    JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    How's the rest of your nutrition? Maybe adding a multi-vitamin, extra C. B complex or B12, and some D may make a difference. Working out and restricting nutrition can cause you to need much more of these. Good luck!
  • GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    Options
    How is your carb intake? Complex carbs are the basis of your energy. If you have too few, you'll be sleepy.
  • dreanance
    dreanance Posts: 246
    Options
    Agreed... multi vitamin and talk to your doctor!
  • Lolyballs
    Lolyballs Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Talk to your doctor. I have sleep apnea, but this sounds like more. Don't wait too long... please.
  • kcsdamur
    kcsdamur Posts: 9
    Options
    I had this same issue. I made a visit to the doctor and found out that I had an iron deficiency, as well as a vitamin d deficiency. I am currently taking the prescriptions that my doctor perscribed (iron and vitamin d) and I feel 100 times better.
  • PeytonSwan
    PeytonSwan Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Apart from maybe having a serious illness ( sleep apnea ) , it could be that you are eating to less so that your body can't power the whole way though anymore and are you drinking enough? Eat lots of fruit ( vitamins ) it really gives you a boost !
  • katherines2230
    katherines2230 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    hmmm.... I'm having the EXACT same problem!
  • Shyann32
    Shyann32 Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm getting plenty of rest days...I work out 4 times a week. I try to make sure I balance my workouts with my rest. I make sure my carb intake is good because I know carbs are the body's energy.

I will start taking a multi-vitamin and see if that helps a bit. I will also get an appointment with my Dr. to see what is really going on! I appreciate all the advice! Thanks.