Any other pregnant women out there?

Options
_Cherie_
_Cherie_ Posts: 30 Member
Hey everyone! I'm 29 and currently about 8 weeks pregnant with my first child. I was hoping to find other pregnant women or mommies who are trying to stay healthy :)

Replies

• calicomacdonald207
    calicomacdonald207 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there I'm seven weeks pregnant here. Recently went dairy and gluten free and the weight is just dropping off me! I am averaging about 1800 cals a day but feels like so much more as it's plant based. How's things going for you?
  • kristannafleury
    kristannafleury Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    28 weeks pregnant here!!! 1500 or less calories a day!! Doing great!!
  • _Cherie_
    Options
    Hey there I'm seven weeks pregnant here. Recently went dairy and gluten free and the weight is just dropping off me! I am averaging about 1800 cals a day but feels like so much more as it's plant based. How's things going for you?

Hey girl! I'm 8 weeks pregnant and realized very quickly that I have to be so careful with these cravings! I'm also going for about 1800 cals a day, at least for the first trimester :) So far, no weight gain for me yet. I'm glad I'm not the only pregnant lady on here Lol!
  • _Cherie_
    Options

Oh wow that's awesome! You give me hope that maybe I can stick with my 1800 cals/day throughout most of my pregnancy then! I'm a first time mom and thought I had to eat more each trimester, but maybe what I'm doing now is enough as long as I'm eating right :) I'll see how I feel! I'm currently 8 weeks in <3
  • thiosulfate
    thiosulfate Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I hope all of you guys are speaking with doctors/nutritionists/OBGYNs about your diet. You're literally growing a human inside of you, more important to work on nutrition first to make sure your baby ends up okay..
  • _Cherie_
    Options
    I hope all of you guys are speaking with doctors/nutritionists/OBGYNs about your diet. You're literally growing a human inside of you, more important to work on nutrition first to make sure your baby ends up okay..

Absolutely! I run just about about everything I want to do by my OB beforehand.
  • kam3190
    kam3190 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hey, I just had a baby. There is a group, fit and fabulously pregnant. You can search for it. I'm not sure how to post the link. Most pregnant women log and are active to keep weight gain in check. Losing while pregnant intentionally isn't great.
  • _Cherie_
    Options
    kam3190 wrote: »
    Hey, I just had a baby. There is a group, fit and fabulously pregnant. You can search for it. I'm not sure how to post the link. Most pregnant women log and are active to keep weight gain in check. Losing while pregnant intentionally isn't great.

Congrats! I'll look for the group :) I've just been going for maintenance calories for now, though I have lost a couple pounds due to sickness/aversions.
  • JoeyCoco1979
    JoeyCoco1979 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    30 weeks with my second and gaining rapidly!!!
  • _Cherie_
    Options
    30 weeks with my second and gaining rapidly!!!

Congrats to you!! Yes that baby is growing fast now! <3<3
  • noirelb
    noirelb Posts: 216 Member
    Options

Hello! I was just wondering if this is intentional weight loss since 1500 is in weight loss category for even none pregnant women? I'm asking since I had a baby 1 year ago and gained a lot of weight due to throwing up the moment I had no carbs in my stomach (I had a pretty bad pregnancy for about 5 months) so wondering what to do for my next. Also, did your doctor say it was fine and is it because you are overweight or just don't want to gain fat??