Polar ft4 Issue

Options
I have a Polar ft4 and love it. I haven't had it but a few months and it's having some sort of issue. I put it on as usual and start it. It finds my heart rate no problem and then within a couple of minutes it alarms that my HR is way above where it should be. It can shoot from 83 up to 190 and then it will go to 0. Looking at the manual it doesn't give me any insight to whats up. Anyone else have this issue?

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    3 things:
    1.is the strap tight enough?

2 Are you wetting the sensors enough?

3. Have you ever washed the strap in the washing machine?

Try all three of those things and see if it helps. If not, it may be the battery in the transmitter, so I'd try replacing that too. If that doesn't help, I'd call Polar and ask them.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    3 things:
    1.is the strap tight enough?

2 Are you wetting the sensors enough?

3. Have you ever washed the strap in the washing machine?

Try all three of those things and see if it helps. If not, it may be the battery in the transmitter, so I'd try replacing that too. If that doesn't help, I'd call Polar and ask them.

The strap is tight enough. The sensors are wet enough and the strap has been washed. I thought about the battery but the manual said it would say "low battery" if it needed replacing. I will replace it anyway just to rule it out. thanks for your help.
  • kklemencic
    kklemencic Posts: 45
    Options
    I have a Polar ft40 and having the same problem just all of a sudden. When I let it sit longer it works better but if I use it twice in a day I have even more trouble so am thinking it is the transmitter battery. I am replacing the battery in the transmitter tp see of that works. I too have checked to make sure it is tight enough, wet and have washed it according to directions. Been really happy with it up to this point.