Weight loss road blocks

Options
Okay so ive been tracking what i eat and my steps on here for about 4 months now and ive recently noticed that i dont loose or gain weight past 275-270... My question is how can i push past this 270 road block.? Obviously i know i need to exercise thats a givin, what ELSE can i do or take to sorta jump start the process? I hear a.c.v is amazing, comments on that?
Any and all advice is much needed and appreciated.

Replies

• shause22
    shause22 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Lol i dont eat too much i think it has to donwith WHAT im eating
  • shause22
    Options
    So if i eat 3 meals a day ur tellin me to eat less then that?
  • shause22
    Options
    If you aren't using a digital kitchen scale, get one and use it for every single thing that you eat.

If you aren't double checking your entries and using the USDA, start doing so.

If you haven't recalculated you calories and have lost 10 lbs, recalculate now and then every 10lbs.

If you are thinking about using AVC, don't bother.

Cheers, h.

Can u give me some more insight on a.c.v and why i shouldnt bother?
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    If you do a search on MFP you will find plenty of threads about it.

Cheers, h.
  • Sirsefalot
    Sirsefalot Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You want to make sure that your activity levels (calories burned) are more than the calories you're taking in. Balanced diet is super important, but you still want to add some activity levels in there along with it.

Hope you succeed!
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Exercise is great for overall body health but not a requirement for weight loss. You need to consume fewer calories than your body uses in order to have weight loss.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    @shause22: I'm guessing that you have lost some weight, but you are stalled. It's time to analyze your diet.

Do you take little nibbles of things that you don't log? Do you eat at restaurants? Do you drink alcohol? Do you eyeball portions?

Calorie counting is exacting, we all know. You need to challenge yourself every day to be successful.

Best of luck! You can do this!
  • Hoshiko
    Hoshiko Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    How many calories does MFP suggest for you?

How many are you actually eating?

How accurate is your logging, and do you measure your food or just guess?

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    You're eating too many calories. ACV does nothing for weight loss. Get a food scale and log everything that goes into your mouth.

I could gain weight on 3 meals per day EASY if I didn't track my intake. Especially with foods that are calorie dense like oils, nut butters and cheese...mm
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Try to avoid refined sugar and refined flour (though... it's in almost EVERYTHING packaged that you would find in the grocery aisles). Eat fruits and vegetables for HALF of each of your meals. Whole grains instead of the usual white breads. No frozen foods. Maybe that could get you past the plateau. Good luck! You'll figure it out!
    I lost ~130 pounds doing none of that.

Calories are what matter for weight loss.
  • LeanJL
    LeanJL Posts: 1,763 Member
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »
    Try to avoid refined sugar and refined flour (though... it's in almost EVERYTHING packaged that you would find in the grocery aisles). Eat fruits and vegetables for HALF of each of your meals. Whole grains instead of the usual white breads. No frozen foods. Maybe that could get you past the plateau. Good luck! You'll figure it out!
    I lost ~130 pounds doing none of that.

Calories are what matter for weight loss.

Great post

• LeanJL
    LeanJL Posts: 1,763 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    You're eating too many calories. ACV does nothing for weight loss. Get a food scale and log everything that goes into your mouth.

I could gain weight on 3 meals per day EASY if I didn't track my intake. Especially with foods that are calorie dense like oils, nut butters and cheese...mm

So true