No energy.......

Options
I dont understand it. I eat before I go to the gym. I try to get most of my carbs for the day then so I have fuel for my work outs. But yesterday I noticed I just didnt have the oomph and today I feel the same way. I am getting enough sleep. I am eating back my exercise calories. I dont get it :(

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    I dont understand it. I eat before I go to the gym. I try to get most of my carbs for the day then so I have fuel for my work outs. But yesterday I noticed I just didnt have the oomph and today I feel the same way. I am getting enough sleep. I am eating back my exercise calories. I dont get it :(
    You may be bored. This is a classic sign that you need to change your exercise routine.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I would go less carbs, more protein before and after a workout.
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    It could be the heat that is sweeping the country..., it's very draining to me even though I run on a treadmill.
  • CaptainAmerica1970
    Options
    split the total up into two parts. one) before workouts meal and two) 30-40 min. after workouts meal.
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    You may be bored. This is a classic sign that you need to change your exercise routine.

It is a new routine, and I love. Some days an hour of circuit training in a class at the gym then an hour of swimming laps and some stretching afterwards and about 10 mins in the sauna. Other days when I cant get to a class I do circuit training for 25 mins by myself 20 mins of yoga that is more like a work out then relaxation and then an hour of swimming laps. The swimming is a new thing for me. This is when I started feeling wore out.
  • TrishJimenez
    Options
    If I go to the gym after work I usually eat a lunch meat sandwich and yogurt before the work out or a salad with brown rice and salmon. After the gym is usually a protein shake as soon as I finish and then a real meal when I get home?
  • CaptainAmerica1970
    Options
    Sauna might be sucking energy from you. Swimming is going to take up carbs too.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Nothing before workout and Protein afterwards, skip the carbs!!!!
  • ljmeep
    ljmeep Posts: 29
    Options
    have you had your vitamine D levels checked lately. I went through several months of feeling totally exhausted for no reason at all. Came to find out that I was vitamine deficient. Once I started taking vitamine suppliments every day my energy level went way up! I was shocked at how quickly I saw a difference... only a few days.
  • TrishJimenez
    Options
    Nothing before workout and Protein afterwards, skip the carbs!!!!

If I dont eat before I work out then I will pass out. And i was told by the nutritionist at the gym that a persons body needs carbs before a work out to fuel the work out?
  • TrishJimenez
    Options
    It could be the heat that is sweeping the country..., it's very draining to me even though I run on a treadmill.
    lol I live in Las Vegas for the past 7 years :) We actually didnt get as hot here as we usually do. Usually July has about 2 weeks where it is between 110-118 every day but we didnt get much over 110.
  • TrishJimenez
    Options
    have you had your vitamine D levels checked lately. I went through several months of feeling totally exhausted for no reason at all. Came to find out that I was vitamine deficient. Once I started taking vitamine suppliments every day my energy level went way up! I was shocked at how quickly I saw a difference... only a few days.

That is a good idea. I have a milk allergy and so I have always avoided dairy my whole life. I have been eating more lately but only stuff like cheese and yogurt as the bacteria helps me break down the protein. Thanks!
  • TrishJimenez
    Options
    Sauna might be sucking energy from you. Swimming is going to take up carbs too.

Maybe I need a snack in the middle of the work out before swimming....
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    It is a new routine, and I love. Some days an hour of circuit training in a class at the gym then an hour of swimming laps and some stretching afterwards and about 10 mins in the sauna. Other days when I cant get to a class I do circuit training for 25 mins by myself 20 mins of yoga that is more like a work out then relaxation and then an hour of swimming laps. The swimming is a new thing for me. This is when I started feeling wore out.
    That's it then. Swimming takes a lot of energy and you're now working out an hour and 40 minutes a day. How about just swimming just 20-30 minutes instead of an hour?
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    We moved to AZ and when my hubby went for his first check up the dr. told him he was vit d deficient (after bloodwork) and thit it is SOOOO common in Phoenix. Vegas is similar in heat respects so this seems really likely.
    '=

That is a good idea. I have a milk allergy and so I have always avoided dairy my whole life. I have been eating more lately but only stuff like cheese and yogurt as the bacteria helps me break down the protein. Thanks!
  • TrishJimenez
    Options
    We moved to AZ and when my hubby went for his first check up the dr. told him he was vit d deficient (after bloodwork) and thit it is SOOOO common in Phoenix. Vegas is similar in heat respects so this seems really likely.
    '=

Oh? bcuz it is so hot we tend to avoid being outside in the sun as much as possible? Makes sense
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Try a drink to fuel during workout...gatorade watered down
  • TrishJimenez
    Options
    Try a drink to fuel during workout...gatorade watered down

That is a great idea :)
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your eating log...eat more clean whole foods...back to basics. Processed food drains energy for your body to digest it.
  • jinojoe
    jinojoe Posts: 1
    Options
    It happens to me as well....Although I like to run, I get bored if I do it straight. So I play Bball Mondays and Tuesdays , Spinning on Wednesdays, no exercise on Thursdays, Run on the treadmill on Fridays and Saturdays , either take rest or play badminton on Sundays

This way, I don't feel bored. Games makes it fun