Those last few!

Options
Is it bad if i didnt have much time to eat up all my calories during the day and try to get into the 1000cal range by having big dinner? Or no?(please look at my diary log for today)

Will this have a bad effect?

Replies

• sometimes_blondie
    Options
    I was having this problem, and I hit a plateau for a while. I started eating almonds in the early afternoon to help keep my energy up, and also fulfill my calorie requirement for the day. Just make sure you portion them out, they have alot of calories besides the good stuff. Or eat a protein bar during the day.
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary you are going hugely under your daily calories every day (one day you took over 1000 cals LESS than you should have??)

You are not missing "a few" calories, you are vastly undereating and MFP will not work for you in the way it should if you continue in this way!
  • KazNoms
    KazNoms Posts: 83
    Options
    But what im asking is it bad to eat over 600 cal of the night ? To try and get in my target cal will it effect weight gain? If i top off with a glass of milo?or milk
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    But what im asking is it bad to eat over 600 cal of the night ? To try and get in my target cal will it effect weight gain? If i top off with a glass of milo?or milk

Will not hurt you one bit. I routinely eat 80% of my calories the last 3-4 hours before bed.
  • emmalene1984
    emmalene1984 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    it will hurt you less than not eating them! however, i suggest for future you try to eat more throughout the day, give yourself some snacks before supper time, eat some fruit or nuts or protein bar, or snack on a can of low cal tuna mayo, have a big lunch, or start your day off with a nice big breakfast. good luck to you :-)
  • KazNoms
    Options
    Just had myself a cold milo! 250mls soy milk and 2 teaspoons of powder! Now im in the 1200cal range but think ive still under estimate how much is 3 dried unpitted dates worth xs .

But ill do my best to increase my cals during day instead of night thank you!

Ih also i dont excercise should i avoid anythings in particular?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    a yoghurt for lunch with some fruit really isnt much. no wonder u have so many cals left for dinner!
  • KazNoms
    Options
    Yes x( my working hours vary alot so i only get to snack sometimes quickly
  • KazNoms
    Options
    Just had myself a cold milo! 250mls soy milk and 2 teaspoons of powder! Now im in the 1200cal range but think ive still under estimate how much is 3 dried unpitted dates?
    Also i dont excercise should i avoid anythings in particular?
  • GW9stone
    GW9stone Posts: 10
    Options
    Eat a big breakfast! I do that and its a fact that you burn off the calories form your breckie during the day...eat a load of them in the morning... my profile says i havent lost weight yet but i have, i just dont weigh my self very often because i dont want to get caught up in eatting disordered behavior... trust , it does work... big breakfasts