Do you use MFP premium?

Options
What is your personal experience with it? Was it worth it? Pros and cons you found with the service? Overall recommendations?

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    No. Too expensive
  • MsLexii
    MsLexii Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Right, which is why I want to talk to users who have used it to see if it's worth the price
  • Tapout112009
    Tapout112009 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I just got premium and it's alot easier with your macro breakdown since you can see each meal what macros are in it. And I go by grams wich you can't set unless you pay for.i like it. If your eating healthy and worrying about your overall health whats 50 a year?
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    I got it when I started tracking calories a year ago, figuring that I'd be more likely to stick with something if I'm spending money on it. And hey, it worked - my current streak is 203 days. I never used the free version much so I'm not 100% sure which features are which, but I definitely like setting goals by meal and day of the week, and being able to export my data. Plus boo adds and yay supporting something I use a lot.
  • SarahLascelles1
    SarahLascelles1 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Yes, I like the additional functionality, and psychologically I do better with trackers I've paid for.
  • AshEvelynn
    AshEvelynn Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Following, great question! I've been interested in this too but not sure if it's worth it. Thanks for asking!
  • AshEvelynn
    AshEvelynn Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    As another thought, you could always subscribe for the month and see if you think it is worth it...
  • MoyMG
    MoyMG Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I used the free version initially, hated the ads, looked at the premium functionality (macros, custom goals, NO ADS, etc.) and signed up monthly, after three months thought "yup, this works for me!" and switched to a yearly subscription. Works for me!
  • puzzledstill
    puzzledstill Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yes to premium. Hated the adverts - so almost worth it for that alone. Macros helpful - have changed what I eat - which is what it's about.
    I cancelled my weight watchers subscription for Premium so actually saving a lot of £.
  • Holly_981
    Holly_981 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    MsLexii wrote: »
    What is your personal experience with it? Was it worth it? Pros and cons you found with the service? Overall recommendations?

Yes if you track macros. No if you only track calories
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I have premium for the ability to set macros by gramme and also to have different goals on different days (training days/rest days).

Massively worth it for me, as I'm more about the macros than the calories.
    I feel like it's good value for money in the context of my other health and fitness spending - gym membership, protein powder/bars, gym clothes etc.
  • Arkani7
    Arkani7 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I think the price is worth it. Setting different daily goals, better tracking of macros and (this is why I pay for it) logging exercises without adding the burned calories to the daily intake - all that helps me a lot.
    Yearly price is totally acceptable, but nevertheless I pay on a monthly basis to be more flexible because I'm not sure if I want to use the premium features for a whole year.
    Last month I forgot to renew the premium version and had to use the free version for one day - worst day ever.
  • elizawho48
    elizawho48 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Premium is well worth the $ to me - I'm a T2 diabetic on insulin and having the carb grams tallied for me per meal is invaluable for insulin dosing.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    jospen83 wrote: »
    I use premium. I like seeing my macros on my daily summary instead of just calories. I like being able to set different daily goals. I like not seeing ads. And I like supporting an app that I use all the time.

^^^ This. I got free premium but once my subscription is up I will probably renew it.
  • Kida_Johnson
    Kida_Johnson Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    jospen83 wrote: »
    I use premium. I like seeing my macros on my daily summary instead of just calories. I like being able to set different daily goals. I like not seeing ads. And I like supporting an app that I use all the time.

All of this is why I have premium also. Honestly, not having ads makes $50/year worth it.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Big question: is it faster?
  • dannb65
    dannb65 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I used the premium version 2 years ago and lost the weight I wanted to lose. Like the others, I liked the added customization it has--not too concerned with ads. I'm back because naturally I stopped logging my food and gained all the weight back but this time I'm trying to do it without the premium version. My thought is it would depend on how much weight you had to lose and how successful you were just using the free version. I honestly don't think it will matter but only time will tell.