Options
2»

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Boobie804 wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »
    I understand you want to gain as fast as possible, but as others said it will be mostly (if not all) fat and if you are going to try to lose it after, unfortunately it will not come off where you want it and you will likely be back at square one if you do it that way. Also it is good to learn healthy eating habits to increase your appetite so you don't have to rely on apetamin for life. I used to make high cal smoothies with bananas, berries, spinach, high fat Greek yogurt, whey protein, nut butter, hemp hearts, plus ice and milk. Mine come out to around 1000 cals. Also ice cream, pizza, pasta with alfredo sauce, whipped cream and other full-fat dairy, juice, dried fruit, avocado, higher fat meat, nuts and nut butters, trail mix, etc. Set an alarm to eat.. eat when you aren't hungry. Eat from the time you wake up and before you to bed (I used to even eat in the middle of the night when I was awake).

People keep saying dont rely on apetamin. I don't have an appetite if I don't take it. I'm eating most of all things you posted but ONLY with the help of apetamin. Now if you have any ideas on how to boost your appetite that would be great. I would definitely try it because apetamin is not cheap.

You can try to increase your calories gradually rather than all at once. I find just jumping into the deep end you will likely feel too stuffed then undereat the next days. Every week you can add 100 cals or 250 cals and go from there.

If you can't eat all at once, break your meals into smaller amounts and graze on food all day.

Plan ahead. Be prepared and don't leave the house without food. Meal prep calorie dense foods and have it in reach at all times.

Track all your food so you know how much you are eating and how much you have to eat, keep on a schedule. Adjust your macros.. maybe your protein is too high or too much fibre, you may have to decrease these a little so you aren't feeling full all the time.

Some people find light exercise to give them an appetite. Obviously too much exercise will burn more calories and then you will have you eat more, again experiment to see what works for you.

Also, to be honest you may have to force yourself a little to eat. However..if you can't even eat a minimum amount and find yourself never hungry it could be time to see a doctor.

• onesarah68
    onesarah68 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I understand you want to gain as fast as possible, but as others said it will be mostly (if not all) fat and if you are going to try to lose it after, unfortunately it will not come off where you want it and you will likely be back at square one if you do it that way. Also it is good to learn healthy eating habits to increase your appetite so you don't have to rely on apetamin for life. I used to make high cal smoothies with bananas, berries, spinach, high fat Greek yogurt, whey protein, nut butter, hemp hearts, plus ice and milk. Mine come out to around 1000 cals. Also ice cream, pizza, pasta with alfredo sauce, whipped cream and other full-fat dairy, juice, dried fruit, avocado, higher fat meat, nuts and nut butters, trail mix, etc. Set an alarm to eat.. eat when you aren't hungry. Eat from the time you wake up and before you to bed (I used to even eat in the middle of the night when I was awake).

People keep saying dont rely on apetamin. I don't have an appetite if I don't take it. I'm eating most of all things you posted but ONLY with the help of apetamin. Now if you have any ideas on how to boost your appetite that would be great. I would definitely try it because apetamin is not cheap.

It's not that you don't have appetite the real deal is that your stomach is small and has a really small capacity like if you eat 2-3 spoons of rice you will be full that's for sure. I had this issue when I decided to gain weight I struggled cos of this, I tried to eat but I couldn't I felt nauseas, sick, and had no appetite till the next day, the resolution for this is increasing the amount of food slowly in that way the stomach will expand slowly and surprisingly even after eating a lot you will still feel hungry. second thing is choices of food like lets say pizza it's usually full of ingredients so honestly I used to feel stuffed after 2 pieces only go towards the foods that are easy to digest and high in calories like one of the things I found extremely helpful is mashed potatoes with full fat butter and full cream milk it's full of calories, it's soft and the stomach will need no energy to digest it and it's full of fiber so it'll pass through your bowels easily and won't make you feel bloated. Also try high calorie drinks like nesquik it's stuffed with calories and it's a drink it doesn't need that much appetite to drink it.
    Another thing is try to move around like walk a little clean your place that'll let your body need a bit more food.

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options

Ironically, heavy weight training/exercise can stimulate hunger, especially the day after. Honestly, you maintain around 2000 calories, which is fairly typical for a woman. As others have mentioned, gainining excessive quick is not only going to be all fat (mainly in your stomach based on actual users here), of which, the additional fat can have an impact on you health; worst metabolic markers, can increase chances of getting diabetes, etc..

Also, once you decide to cut down on the body fat and work on improving your body, you will probably much have to start all over because your body for muscle will still be very low. Sacrificing long term success for short term gain is a bad decision. Too many of us have learned that through aggressive weight loss and more. And I can tell you, it's the hard way. The more over-fat you are, the less likely you can build muscle. This makes it harder to have a lean body.

On top of that, stimulants (just like suppressants) lose their effectiveness over time. So the quicker you get off that unregulated supplement, the better. Otherwise, in a few months, you will be back here like many other users from this forum that used apetamin. One thing is for sure, there has yet to be someone long term on here that has been successful with apetamin. And of course you will see "success" stories on youtube and other social media, because a lot of those photos are stolen, photoshopped or plain lies.

Having said all that, the below thread can be helpful. Dont' be afraid to drink some calories, but there are many methods to help you gain weight. But like weight loss, it takes dedication to continuously overfeed.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1