I want to look amazing around the pool.

Options
I'm so tired of hosting parties were I feel uncomfortable about my gut. Iv lost 8lbs so far. But I have about 30 to go.

Replies

• Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Me too! 10 down 10 to go! Good job so far. Parties where I feel uncomfortable are tough, I drink more which is my weight loss enemy!
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Me too! LOL I've lost a lot of weight on part of my stomach and now the other looks worse! LOL Drinking is also my biggest enemy!
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Haha I said "the other" I meant the other half of my stomach, I only have one LOL ROFL
  • noah49822
    noah49822 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have the hardest time not drinking! I miss alcohol!
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    You've lost 80 lbs! Excellent! Celebrate it and be proud of yourself. So you have a little ways to go? Don't we all, in one aspect or another? The number on the scale is a goal, but it's not an end-point. Maintaining good health and fitness is a life-long endeavor.

Confidence is key. Host your pool parties, be proud of your accomplishment and enjoy!

Yep, alcohol can be high calorie but there are lower calorie drinks. For me, I never use full calorie mixers. Diet only, so that the only calories are from the alcohol. You still have to monitor it, but there are ways to still drink and have fun.
  • Tabbycat00
    Tabbycat00 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    This is the first summer I've been truly confident at the pool and on the beach. The sad thing is, I don't weigh any less or look any different (except maybe the wrinkles) than I did 20 years ago. I am, and have always been, under 100 lbs. I just have always felt horrible about my figure and picked at myself. Somewhere between turning 40 and having a baby I chose to be nicer to myself. I feel bad for all the years spent feeling down (like my wedding cruse) when I could have been enjoying myself. So, maybe think more positively about yourself and the rest will fall into place. Have fun. Enjoy your summer.
  • mss342
    mss342 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    For us guys to look amazing around the pool, we have to lift weights. I went from 240 to 180 without lifting and I looked thin, but still not amazing. I didn't have the muscle I wanted. So I lifted and ate a calorie surplus back up to 230 and now cutting down again (still lifting) somewhere around 220, I'm much happier with my look and love going to the pool or beach. Always lift hard right before you go, it makes you look much better.
  • brockhampton
    brockhampton Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    This! A group of my friends hit up the beach every Sunday and most of them are insanely fit. It never really bothered me until the start of this year (I don't know why it suddenly started bothering me) but I haven't been able to bring myself to go with them since then and can't wait till I'm at my goal body so I can feel 100% comfortable in my own skin around others. 8 more lbs to shed and then recomp - hopefully will get there by the end of this year (: We can do this!
  • noah49822
    noah49822 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the support!
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Don't we all. Just remember that slow progress is still progress. When hitting a plateau, it's time to switch up your workout/nutrition.