Help with eggs

Options
Can anybody please help I add 2 hard boiled eggs to my diary and it puts my cholesterol I'm the red... should i just eggs..

My info;

Height:5'5
Weight:165lbs
Current Calorie allowance: 1500
Goal: losing 2lbs a week
Running 3 miles a day

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,945 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a medically diagnosed reason to avoid dietary cholesterol, don't worry about it. I eat that much every day...blood cholesterol is not raised by diet, it's a medical condition that is mostly genetic.
  • ilovelucy711
    ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Eggs are good for you! Low calories and 7 grams of protein per large egg!
  • pkdragok
    pkdragok Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I just worried when it *kitten* my cholesterol into the red for 2 hard boiled eggs.. kind of freaked me out
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Eggs are a great source of protein, and I feel better after eating them. So I vote for continuing to eat them!
  • pkdragok
    Options
    I will do, should I adjust the cholesterol setting on my diary or just ignore it aslong as I am under my daily carbs
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I ignore the cholesterol setting. It's always in the red, I eat eggs daily, sometimes 2x a day lol. Love my eggs :)
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    I don't track cholesterol. Eating cholesterol does not raise cholesterol levels, they're affected by other factors such as saturated fat intake and exercise.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Cholesterol/Pages/Introduction.aspx

I'm not sure why the "don't eat cholesterol" thing is so persistent, it is really a myth.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    The cholesterol limit is based on bad science. Ignore it. Enjoy your eggs.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    The cholesterol limit is based on bad science. Ignore it. Enjoy your eggs.

I would edit this to say "old science." Science is the constant attempt to get it right -- to get ever closer to the truth. What we know is ever changing based on new evidence. The best analyses at this point, in 2017, are that dietary cholesterol is not linked to serum cholesterol based on the accumulation of evidence.
  • pkdragok
    Options
    Yay eggs!! I'm so pro eggs I'm happy now :)