Too much exercise not enough calories?

Options
I'm trying to figure if I'm doing too much.

Long story short is that I used to weigh 299 pounds, I'm not 278. I would like to lose another 15-25 pounds in the next 5 weeks as I am flying to a vacation and don't want to have a seat belt extender. I want to be comfortable on the flight.

Today, I had roughly 1500 calories but feel full.
Breakfast was a veggie omelet and cantaloupe.
Lunch was blt lettuce wraps with chicken and cheese.
Snacks were a deviled egg, kodiak protein power muffin, pineapple and dark chocolate.
Dinner was 4 oz of steak, half of a pretty big sweet potato and green beans.

Today I did a total of 40 minutes on stationary bike. 1st time was 30 minutes, 2nd was 10 minutes. As well as 3 15 minute walk away the pounds interval training workouts.

Too much?

Let me know your thoughts.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I re-read your question. Does not sound like too much to me.
  • ilovelucy711
    ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Not too much as in calories? Or over doing it?
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    What does MFP say? That seems like it would result in a pretty quick weight loss. When I was 240ish, 45 minutes of HIIT cardio and 1500 gross calories was giving me 3.5 lbs a week weight loss. It made me feel tired so I started eating more. You may want to consider eating back some of your exercise calories.
  • ilovelucy711
    Options
    What does MFP say? That seems like it would result in a pretty quick weight loss. When I was 240ish, 45 minutes of HIIT cardio and 1500 gross calories was giving me 3.5 lbs a week weight loss. It made me feel tired so I started eating more. You may want to consider eating back some of your exercise calories.

It didn't say anything. When I exercise, it feels low impact. My MFP suggests 1560 calories to lose 2 pounds a week. I don't feel tired but I do fall asleep quicker and earlier at night!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Sounds about right to me if you're feeling okay. It would be easier than guessing to just plug your food and exercise into MFP and do what it tells you.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    The 1560, is that sedentary? Do you have an active job at all? A fitness tracker synced or are you manually entering activity?

1560 is your goal before purposeful exercise. At this point I don't think your activity level is such that you'll get huge calorie burns but certainly keep an eye on average losses and how you feel generally. Consistently feeling sluggish during workouts, more tired through the day and losing more than your 2lbs per week would suggest you need to eat a little more.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    If you feel good, it must be okay!
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to figure if I'm doing too much.

Long story short is that I used to weigh 299 pounds, I'm not 278. I would like to lose another 15-25 pounds in the next 5 weeks as I am flying to a vacation and don't want to have a seat belt extender. I want to be comfortable on the flight.

Today, I had roughly 1500 calories but feel full.
    Breakfast was a veggie omelet and cantaloupe.
    Lunch was blt lettuce wraps with chicken and cheese.
    Snacks were a deviled egg, kodiak protein power muffin, pineapple and dark chocolate.
    Dinner was 4 oz of steak, half of a pretty big sweet potato and green beans.

Today I did a total of 40 minutes on stationary bike. 1st time was 30 minutes, 2nd was 10 minutes. As well as 3 15 minute walk away the pounds interval training workouts.

Too much?

Let me know your thoughts.

3-5lbs fat loss per week may not be realistic
  • sosteach
    sosteach Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you are doing.
  • ilovelucy711
    Options
    The 1560, is that sedentary? Do you have an active job at all? A fitness tracker synced or are you manually entering activity?

1560 is your goal before purposeful exercise. At this point I don't think your activity level is such that you'll get huge calorie burns but certainly keep an eye on average losses and how you feel generally. Consistently feeling sluggish during workouts, more tired through the day and losing more than your 2lbs per week would suggest you need to eat a little more.

Yes, I am currently unemployed.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

Yes, I am currently unemployed.

Okay so your settings are all good. I think just go with results and rein it in if losses go too far over 2lbs per week.
  • kam3190
    kam3190 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    The amount your eating doesn't seem horrible. But your not going to lose 25 lbs in 5 weeks