Losing too fast??

Options
megz4987
megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
I'm guilty of weighing myself multiple times a week and yes, I log it. I feel like, just this month alone, I have lost very quickly. I only started really exercising again yesterday (aside from weekly volleyball and the occasional workout video). the 7/28 weight, I weighed myself 4 times, got a shower, dried off and weighed myself again because I didn't believe it. Same number. Here is my report:
07/28/11- 227.6

07/27/11- 229

07/24/11- 230.4

07/22/11- 230.4

07/21/11 -233

07/16/11- 231

07/09/11- 231.8

07/08/11- 232.8

07/07/11 -234

07/06/11- 235

Is that too fast??

Replies

• Melbel85
    Melbel85 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    2 lbs a week is recommended, your doing great!!!
  • jezzi4ever
    jezzi4ever Posts: 100
    Options
    I don't believe it's too fast. It looks like you're averaging somewhere around the 2lb a week mark. I believe (and I'm not a doctor) that that is a healthy rate. I also believe it generally comes off faster in the beginning. If you were losing 10lb a week for 3 weeks, then I'd be worried. Again, not a doctor.

Congrats on the weightloss!
  • RagtimeLady
    RagtimeLady Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    How are you eating? When I was 230 a few years ago, I dropped a bunch of weight right away when I changed to a healthy diet. But since your profile and diary is not public, it's hard to tell if you're eating healthy or are on an unsustainable path.
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    I don't think so... this past week, you lost 1 lbs, the week before you lost 2, and the week before 4. I think there will be weeks where it just fluctuates like that. If you were losing 4 lbs a week every week, then that might need some looking into.
  • healthyvannah
    Options
    If you are eating very well and you are excersising your butt off, then no. I don't think you CAN lose weight too fast. But make sure :you are EATING and not starving yourslef. Otherwise, wow! 50 pounds is something to be VERY proud of! :)
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    If you weigh more than it's not too uncommon. On the biggest loser they lose lots in a short amount of time. Questions:
    Do you feel healthy?
    Are you eating well?
    Are you in good health?
    Are you drinking lots of water?
    If your working hard you need the water to replenish and it removes toxins from your body.
    Do a self assessment and look at how your physical health is. Sounds like your on the right track. Be blessed on your journey and may your dilligent effort bear much fruit! :smile:
  • Soulbird81
    Soulbird81 Posts: 86
    Options
    The beginning 10% can come off pretty fast and easily simply by changing what you eat and your portion sizes. Also if you're getting your daily recommended water intake (or close to it). Once you hit your inital 10% lost, that is when it will begin to see slow down and become more challenging to lose and you need to ramp up your physical activity to keep it going.

I am also guilty of weighing myself more than 1 time a week, generally a few times a week is what I average, although I don't count it is "official" until my weigh-in day. I always weigh myself the same time every morning (basically right out of bed and after I empty my bladder, lol), which is also quiet helpful since you can fluctuate throughout the day depending on what you eat, the time of month, or even if its hot and humid outside, lol

Weight loss: 80% of what you eat and 20% in the gym!!!!
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Yea, I feel just fine. It just started to worry me that every day that I weigh myself, its gone down instead of its normal fluctuation throughout the week. I mean, I've lost 50lb now so it's not really in the beginning. I do still have a ways to go but I thought it'd kind just .... be slower, I guess.
    PS, the 227.6 is at the end of the day, after dinner and everything. Not after my morning pee ;) hahha