Just a hello! Student dieter

Options
Hello all reading this :)

I've been using MFP for just a week so far and finding it great! It's useful to see the food you've eaten written down and I'm finding myself pre-occupied on the forum rather than thinking of snacking on food before i go to bed! So have decided to involve myself a bit.

My starting weight earlier this summer was 64kg/ 141 lbs at my little height of 5 ft 1. I was just over the healthy bmi and on overweight. This and the fact that I haven't felt comfortable with my weight gain from too much drinking and eating rubbish during the year at university! I always gain it on my face ( along with the rest of my body of course) which I hate the most! I think i've already lost some of my chubby cheeks the last few weeks though :) (comparing the pics on my profile).
I want to fit back into my clothes really badly. I can't dress very nicely at the moment as most things are too tight or I have to wear the baggier stuff. I don't want to keep gaining and make all my clothes unwearable!

I've never been a skinny girl as I think I am naturally a bit more 'meaty' haha than some. But I have accepted that! I'm always going to have big thighs and hips. So i'm hoping to shed a bit of the extra weight and gain some curves! I've already lost 4kg/9lbs since the summer holidays started but have only started trying properly since I joined here last week (2kg of that is from this last week only!) I am currently around 60kg.

So I'm hoping to go down to round 120 pounds/ 54 kg...and then i'll see how I feel with myself then! But I would be delighted to be back to this weight. I go back to the student life style the last week of September and I hope to be at 56kg by then. I plan on being much more careful when I go back with alcohol and food, it's so hard!

The main reason I need this site (even though I don't have a big amount to lose) is because I'm a very present living person. Impulsive and spontaneous is the way I am! It's hard to get into the mindset. I have had bulimic episodes where I can't help but use huge amounts of food for comfort. I usually fail diets because I give in to a binge/purge which then makes me want to start dieting the next day as i feel awful but then do it all over again! I think it's mainly because at the beginning I have no faith in myself to be able to do it. I have now done a week very successfully though and have fought off the urges :) It feels much much easier now as having lost the 2kg has been so motivating! I will be a better version of me in the foreseeable future! yay

I am a bit of an all or nothing eater so I think I am not taking in enough calories at the moment. Is it very important to make sure you do? I have been doing exercise everyday also. I've been to the gym 5 times in the past week and have done walking on the 2 that I haven't. I already feel much more energetic and less lazy :)

I am eating so much protein! Omelettes, chicken, ham, tuna, fromage frais..those are the main foods I've been eating along with vegetables and fruit. I've only had one bad meal this week which was noodles from a restaurant which must have been fried with lots of oil but I'm not letting that be an issue.

I'm going to be on this site a lot for sure so motivation will be awesome!

Replies

• joejoe21
    joejoe21 Posts: 22
    Options
    i just turned 21 soo yess i deff no the feeling those drinks will kill ya ! It sounds like you have a great start stay on track and keep motivated and you should do great :)
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! Students unite! :D
  • LilClementine
    Options
    i just turned 21 soo yess i deff no the feeling those drinks will kill ya ! It sounds like you have a great start stay on track and keep motivated and you should do great :)

Thanks! I live in England so the drinking age is 18, I'm 20 now so that's 2 years of alcohol belly on me haha.
  • joejoe21
    joejoe21 Posts: 22
    Options
    ohhh wow thats young lol well stay on track and you will do great !!:)
  • MisszObrien
    Options
    Good Luck !!! & Welcome *Those Drinks Oooh My I cut back Alot !!!! But it still sticks in my belly = (