KETO

Options
Hi I just started this journey of Keto and intermittent fasting. I was wondering if anyone had ideas for different keto breakfast? I been having the same eggs pepperoni spinach for the past week . I need new ideas :)

Replies

• court_alacarte
    court_alacarte Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Bacon!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I do a bunch of different things with eggs. 2 egg omelet with feta cheese, sometimes bacon, different vegetables, sometimes smoked salmon on the side.

Or if bored with that I do eggs over easy with vegetables, maybe a little leftovers from dinner (say, chicken).

I also really enjoy salad in the morning with protein on it. Did a bacon and egg salad last week, with a variety of other vegetables besides the spinach and romaine which was my base.

Just dinner leftovers (or lunch, I guess, if you are doing a short eating window).

Egg muffin cups are fast and easy: http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/quick-recipes/article/muffin-tin-eggs-breakfast

Sometimes I roast a chicken for the week and have cold chicken and raw veg for breakfast -- I like cold breakfasts in the summer.
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Bacon, beef, and sausage are all go-tos. Eggs, peanut butter, and avocado are great as well. I don't see how this could be hard at all. lol Heavy cream smoothies, etc etc
  • riskiness2188
    riskiness2188 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I do a bunch of different things with eggs. 2 egg omelet with feta cheese, sometimes bacon, different vegetables, sometimes smoked salmon on the side.

Or if bored with that I do eggs over easy with vegetables, maybe a little leftovers from dinner (say, chicken).

I also really enjoy salad in the morning with protein on it. Did a bacon and egg salad last week, with a variety of other vegetables besides the spinach and romaine which was my base.

Just dinner leftovers (or lunch, I guess, if you are doing a short eating window).

Egg muffin cups are fast and easy: http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/quick-recipes/article/muffin-tin-eggs-breakfast

Sometimes I roast a chicken for the week and have cold chicken and raw veg for breakfast -- I like cold breakfasts in the summer.

Thank you so much this is very helpful
  • riskiness2188
    Options
    King_Spicy wrote: »
    Bacon, beef, and sausage are all go-tos. Eggs, peanut butter, and avocado are great as well. I don't see how this could be hard at all. lol Heavy cream smoothies, etc etc

Lol yesss you are right!
  • jp21590
    jp21590 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Haven't personally tried it yet but I read somewhere else that porkrind nachos are a good choice for breakfast
  • jp21590
    jp21590 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Also if you want a sweet desert, I tried this out last night. 5 grams of sugar free chocolate pudding mix and 1 ounce of heavy whipping cream. Mix those two and you'll have a rich chocolate mouse with 4 g carbs 10g fat 0 protein
  • riskiness2188
    Options
    jp21590 wrote: »
    Haven't personally tried it yet but I read somewhere else that porkrind nachos are a good choice for breakfast

Great ideaaaa !
    Thanks

• southern_star
    southern_star Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Also if you want a sweet desert, I tried this out last night. 5 grams of sugar free chocolate pudding mix and 1 ounce of heavy whipping cream. Mix those two and you'll have a rich chocolate mouse with 4 g carbs 10g fat 0 protein

This sounds delicious
  • southern_star
    southern_star Posts: 89 Member
    Options

I'm definitely going to try this
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    A keto friendly protein shake recipe that I like has plain hemp (1/2 scoop), egg white (1/2 scoop) protein powder; 1 teasp ground chia or flax seed; 1 teasp. moringa powder; 1 teasp. L-Glutamine; 1 teasp. potato starch; 1 TBSP rice bran; 1 teasp. psyllium seed husk powder; 8 oz coconut milk; 8 oz water. I make it the night before and take it to work for breakfast.

It has 252 calories; 9 g fat; 24 g carbs (off-set by 12 g fiber / resistant starch); 1 g sugar; 24 g protein. It tastes like watered down cereal... so it's palatable.

I have used it for over 6 months and really like it.

If you look at my diary, though, this week you will see that I am cycling off keto / paleo due to gastritis / IBS-C so I had to add in more carbs to assist with some motility issues.
  • DharmainHeels
    DharmainHeels Posts: 94 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I have the same thing every morning - protein smoothie - and I find it satisfies me:

Chocolate Sun warrior protein powder (3 carbs a scoop)
    1 tbsp. raw cacao powder
    Unsweetened coconut or almond milk
    raw spinach

On some days, depending on what my goals are for the day, I will add 2 tbsp. of almond butter OR half an avocado
  • DharmainHeels
    DharmainHeels Posts: 94 Member
    Options

This sounds delicious

OHHHH yum!!! I am such a choco-holic!!!
  • Senrak66
    Senrak66 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    i have 3 scramble eggs bacon broccoli .
    i cut bacon and broccoli into small peaces and cook it all together
    i add ground cinnamon on top
  • JosieMay100
    JosieMay100 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Avocado Mousse - Avocado, scoop of protein powder, stevia, coconut cream and cacao
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Avocado Mousse - Avocado, scoop of protein powder, stevia, coconut cream and cacao

A favourite of mine.

I tend to skip a sit down breakfast and drink coffee with cream or coconut cream in it. Sometimes with a bit of protein powder.