ChaLEAN Extreme Buddies

Options
I'm starting ChaLEAN Extreme on July 28 and could use some buddies. No matter where you are in the program or if you doing it as a hybrid with something else I could really use your support, knowledge, advice, and motivation.

Who's with me? :bigsmile:

Replies

• forkeeps
    forkeeps Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm starting on the first of August (because I assume that's about when I'll have my disks I just ordered)! I'd love to join you in getting this done. I was searching for a support/motivation group myself.

Sam
  • Bee_B
    Bee_B Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm in!

I just started on Wednesday. I'm going to do Burn Circuit 2 tonight. It is taking a bit of getting used to for me as I'm brand new to using resistance bands instead of weights. I'm liking it so far though!
  • forkeeps
    Options
    I was wondering about the resistance bands. It seems most of the people on the other thread seem to use weights, but weights are so expensive!! I only have up to 8 pound weights so I'm certainly going to need more resistance than that eventually. How did you like Burn Circuit 1? Mine shipped recently, estimated arrival 7/26. I can't wait!!
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I finished week 1 but after that I've been loosely following the schedule. I'm thinking about starting over.
  • kels67
    kels67 Posts: 41
    Options
    I am on my second week of Push and i love it! Count me in!
  • vold94
    vold94 Posts: 256
    Options
    I love to join this group. I just ordered my dvd's tonight, so hoping to have them next week. Would love to have your support while doing it!
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I plan to start on August 1st and will be including Turbo Fire into my routine too! :)
  • danilynn16
    danilynn16 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just started the Turbo Fire...is that the same?
    I'm in! :smile:
  • muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    So I'm having trouble saying goodbye to Turbo Fire. I'm not wanting to do a hybrid either - like to get through the pure program so I can judge it better and I'm just a weirdo who doesn't like to mix her chocolate with her peanut butter. Anyway, I think I'm going to stick to Turbo Fire for 2 more months (finish the 20 week program) and then start CLX. Sorry to push it off a ways but Turbo Fire is so much fun. Plus, I want to lose this last 8lbs before I start lifting. So now I think I'll start CLX Sept. 22. I'll be checking back here often though. Who knows I may get bored with TF and move to CLX sooner. I'm so indecisive - sorry!
  • vold94
    vold94 Posts: 256
    Options
    I just started the Turbo Fire...is that the same?
    I'm in! :smile:

Sorry it's not the same, turbo fire is more just turbo and chalean extreme is more weights. but either way, chalean is awesome no matter what you do.
  • jenniferfelice
    Options
    I'm in! I'm on the 4th day of the program and definitely loving it right now! Definitely need motivation though!
  • jenniferfelice
    Options
    I'm in! I'm on the 4th day of the program and definitely loving it right now! Definitely need motivation though!
  • superstarcola
    Options
    I'll be starting it around the middle of the first week of August! I'd love to connect with other people doing Chalean, or the hybrid, as I will be too!
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I was wondering about the resistance bands. It seems most of the people on the other thread seem to use weights, but weights are so expensive!! I only have up to 8 pound weights so I'm certainly going to need more resistance than that eventually. How did you like Burn Circuit 1? Mine shipped recently, estimated arrival 7/26. I can't wait!!

I completed the whole thing with resistance bands and they worked great! I'd rather have Chalene's select-techs, but they aren't in the budget. I bought a set of 3 from Target, you can clip one or more together at a time, so you can get a lot of resistance. They were $20. It was a little frustrating at first, sometimes I had to pause or go back if I picked the wrong resistance or needed more time to follow how Donna wrapped her bands around her feet. It's a great program, I am going to do it again this fall:)
  • forkeeps
    Options
    I just got a set of bands that you can combine for different resistance levels on Amazon. I hope I don't hate them ;-) They really are the max end of my budget so I'm going to make the best of what I have. Either way, I'm sure the program will be quite effective.
  • GeekGirlOnAQuest
    GeekGirlOnAQuest Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I just got CLX and plan on starting Aug 1st - need to see about some weights first. Would love to join in with you all for support and advice!
  • nmclaurin
    nmclaurin Posts: 43
    Options
    I just got my dvds. i am in.
  • forkeeps
    Options
    Welcome to everyone joining in. I'm totally excited! I've spent the last couple of days watching the sessions we'll be working on for the next 4 weeks and it looks like it's going to be challenging but fun. Can hardly wait for Monday to roll around.
  • GeekGirlOnAQuest
    GeekGirlOnAQuest Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've been reading the guidebooks and watching the basics dvd and I'm so excited to start this! I still have to find some weights this weekend, but I may just start with the bands. I'm not sure how much of an investment I'm ready to put into this just yet. But it looks like a great program and I'm hoping to see some results before the Marine Corps Ball in November!
  • jcannon15
    jcannon15 Posts: 148
    Options
    Hey i saw you post i'm in my second week of the burn circuit, tomorrow is intervals and ab burner !