1 little change

Options
Very long story short, I've had a slew of health issues, and my goal is to get back to my pre health-issue weight. I've lost 6 lbs so far, and have 16 more to lose. The first 5 were easy (water weight?). The next pound took weeks to lose (....)
I'm not overweight, but for various personal and medical reasons, I'd just like to get back to where I used to be.

So let's try this. I'd like for anyone to have a look at my food diary and give me 1 small simple suggestion. Not like "completely cut out xyz" or "eat more veggies", but more specific small suggestions like a specific food or brand replacement. I don't know if someone has to be on my friends list to see it, but if so just add me. or add me just to add me :)

Note, I'm mildly allergic/sensitive to bananas, walnuts, and cilantro. And I don't do spicy or seafood (except tuna salad)

Thanks for any suggestions! :D

Replies

• JadeQuetzal
    JadeQuetzal Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I have a usps mail scale and it changes to ounces and grams. I wonder if it's about the same sensitivity?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I have a usps mail scale and it changes to ounces and grams. I wonder if it's about the same sensitivity?

Probably, but does it have the "TARE" or zero feature? That can be very handy because you can put a large container of something on it, zero it, then scoop out a serving.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    It is sensitive enough at grams. Does it have a 'tare' function? That resets to zero even if a load is on it. Is it waterproof?

You can go to your Settings and change diary settings.
  • JadeQuetzal
    Options
    It does have tare. I don't think it's waterproof though. We've had it for years and use it a lot for printing labels to ship stuff.
  • threecharms
    threecharms Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to spend a lot, there's a fantastic little food scale on Amazon for $10. I love it.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    You can use the postal scale. Just keep water off it.
  • JadeQuetzal
    Options
    So I went to use it last night, and my husband stopped me and pointed out that it's not accurate. He said it weighs a little over every time. A little? I thought it was odd that wegman's scale weighed the sunflower seeds at .45 lbs, and his scale at 1 lb. He said it doesn't bug him because the postage price difference isn't much and it would still cost more to pay postage inside the post office, but still....
  • sabern
    sabern Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I do not trust it for food. I use both. postal for mail, and food scale for food.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Spend $15, get a new scale. Don't worry about waterproofness-you won't be dunking it!
  • JadeQuetzal
    Options
    I'll have to wait until my paycheck after next. We're counting pennies right now. Good news is that as of this morning, I am .2 lbs from my half way mark. I also didn't realize my diary was set to private, so I just set it to share with friends.
  • JadeQuetzal
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Finally got a food scale :D It even matches my kitchen island (bamboo with black). I checked it against a few different food servings yesterday and it seems pretty accurate (for example 1 rice cake or 1 chocolate bar). I'm not reading great reviews about accuracy, but everyone keeps saying it's inaccurate because the grams don't match how things measure out in cups so... :|