Motivation/tracking progress

Options
smbyrd13
smbyrd13 Posts: 52 Member
I'm about a week and a half in and have been doing great so far. Trying to lose pregnancy weight from both my kiddos (2yr old and 4 month old) and I wanted a way to keep track on paper how I was doing as well as setting mini goals. I came up with this fun chart and can't wait to cross those boxes off!

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I love it! I too have found mini goals are super helpful since the "big" goal can oftentimes feel so far away.

Keep up the good work, looks like your off to a great start!
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Lovely, but why are the workout clothes so late? They could give you a major push in the beginning.
  • smbyrd13
    Options
    I already have quite a few workout clothes so that's why they're further down on the list
  • smbyrd13
    Options
    Thanks for those insights! Ziplining sounds like fun, where did you go? I'm hoping those will be motivating enough, if not, I'll just change them. I'm more motivated by just the simple fact of getting healthier and losing weight than the rewards. I've got a Garmin Vivofit3, a treadmill, weight machine, and clothes...my shoes, however, have definitely seen better days! My problem with my vivofit is that I wear it all the time so it counts rocking my 3 month old as "steps." If only a rocking chair could burn calories!
  • snowyjr1
    snowyjr1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Help, I want to build a support system. I can not figure out how to add friends or get any response from others. What am I doing wrong. Just not tach savvy here.
  • Wizeman22
    Wizeman22 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I also keep track of my workouts in a journal. We can collaborate and discuss our success and our challenges.
  • SaraydaB
    SaraydaB Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I love mini goals... they keep you really motivated
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    You may want to stagger your mini goals since loss slows down as you go and it can be easy to burn out.