Mommies helping Mommies

Options
I am over 40 married 2 kids. I am learning to make me a priority and that starts with taken better care of myself. I doing small increments. My first goal is 5 pounds. I had lost 20 last year but life happened and I have probably gained it all back. I will weigh tomorrow to know for sure. We deserve this as moms we help everyone else reach their goals. Let's support each other to help us reach our goals. We can do this together. Who would like to join me. You don't have to be a mommy to join. It's just harder to make time for you when you are a mother.

Replies

• missrunner5
    missrunner5 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Hi Im a mum of 5 married and 41 need to lose baby weight!
  • afontaine15
    afontaine15 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Would love to be apart. It's great to inspire one another! Struggling to keep the motivation going here. Mommy of one need to keep build up my endurance to be able to keep up with her!
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Just turned 42, and have a seven year old. Working on 120 lbs off in the long run.Feeling better so I can be fun for my daughters activities for the short run.
  • afontaine15
    Options
    That's amazing keep up the good work!!! What's your secret to staying motivated?
  • zjpq
    zjpq Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hiya! Mum of 2 and student midwife here! Finding time for ourselves is so hard isn't it?!?! Feel free to add me, have just recently started to get a workout video into my day and loving it
  • EsmeMary101
    EsmeMary101 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Me too. I'm a 43 year old mother of 4 girls aged 6, 7, 9 and 11years. This year my youngest started school so I was able to join the gym. I've lost 36lbs since February but I'm not finished yet.

We live in Ireland so the girls have 9 weeks off school for Summer. I've had to stop my gym membership until they go back. I'm finding it so much harder with them at home food wise too.
  • kms234
    kms234 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm creeping up on 36, married with 2 boys, and I work full time. It's SO hard making time for myself. A kind friend recently pushed me to join her at bootcamp 2 mornings a week. I'm shocked that I really enjoy it and look forward to it. Our trainer is fab! She works out of her home so it's low-pressure but she kicks out butts every class!

Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • norahkathleen
    norahkathleen Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am a 36 year old mom of four (2, 6, 9, and 11) and would love the support of other moms (and anyone else!). My family is very supportive and my kids are adventurous eaters, so since i started eating healthier they have all joined me, which is of course a win...but i still struggle sometimes to ignore the treats that we want to have for them and just balancing everything.
  • craftedbydesign
    craftedbydesign Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am a mom of 7 and would love support! I lost 50# last year, but gained back 30 and need to take off a total of 118 off as of today. My big struggle is cooking for me since I am Celiac (with a few other allergies as well). Please add me.
  • afontaine15
    Options
    Alright ladies, I need some help. I'm looking for recipes that are healthy and easy. Like I just walked in the door and need food since my toddler crawling on me and hubby isn't home because he works evening and night easy. Any suggestions?
  • Numericmama373
    Numericmama373 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I steal ideas from Hello Fresh. I make a lot and put it on the fridge to pull out.
  • Numericmama373
    Numericmama373 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I'm a mom of 2 boys ages 14 and 10. The 14 year old is a high functioning autistic person. But he is starting to be able to be more independent as far as self care. It seems like it should be easier now that they are older. But I am homeschooling them and the oldest is not an independent learner yet, in most subjects.

Plus, we eat a whole foods diet, so I feel like I am always cooking. I am trying to get out in front of it, especially since classes are starting up.
  • Iwilldo198
    Iwilldo198 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sorry I started this post and then life happened. But I'm back now. I appreciate all the support
  • EsmeMary101
    EsmeMary101 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I haven't been great lately. Eating too many sweets. I've decided to start afresh today. Let's do it!
  • afontaine15
    Options
    Recovering from stomach bug and cold. At this point I can’t do any sort of cardio without coughing for like a half an hour. Any suggestions on how to get on track with exercising without causing coughing fit? (Ps have a race coming up and need to get my running back up to par)
  • BabeMeister83
    BabeMeister83 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am almost 34, I have two kids. A 10 year old girl (that has an attitude of a 16 year old) and a almost 6 year old little boy (he is autistic). Between working 40 hours a week, I do a girl Scout Troop for my daughter, and take my son to all his meetings and appointments, and to their tumbling class. I feel like I have no time for me. But I have stared making a little time to go too the gym or do a workout at home. I have also been making better food choices. My husband is supportive of me trying to make a change so that helps. But we work opposite shifts (for the let 9 years, with no days off together) otherwise it would be little easier to find time for my self. And actually I found out that my son enjoys trying to work out with me so that's a plus.
  • emmasalon311
    emmasalon311 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 29, single mom of a 8 yr old girl and 5 yr old boy! Also am a beautician so it makes it very hard to keep a stable, consistent work out or meal plans! Any encouragement is welcome!! Hope I can help too!
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 mom of 2 boys. My stepson is 6 and my little boy is 9 months. I will tell you ladies I haven't worked out at all and I'm down 29 pounds! I hope you all get the results you seek and deserve!!