Low-cal alcoholic drinks?

Options
I'm not a big drinker, in fact I probably drink about 3 times a year which is pretty good for a 20 year old! :P But I'm trying to figure out what are the lowest calorie drinks as I'm due to go out with a mate soon when she comes to visit & I don't want to blow my calorie in take but still want to have a good time.
I've heard vodka is pretty low calories but I can't handle heavier stuff too well..
Any help would be awesome, though! :D
Thanks guys.
& please don't say "it's not worth it just drink water" as I know drinking water would be better but as I said, I drink 3 times a year, tops, I'm allowed to have a good time now & again! :)

Replies

• ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    diet coke with vodka.
    club soda lime with vodka.
  • tayteetots
    tayteetots Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    vodka soda.
  • grammybfit
    Options
    white wine spritzer is very low. wine and club soda - some places make it with 7-up and wine, so I alwys ask for a white wine sprtizer with club soda -
  • annastacia10
    annastacia10 Posts: 106
    Options
    I know you said you can't handle the heavier stuff...but vodka and diet coke is a pretty good low-cal option. If you don't drink that often, one or two will do fine. The only calories are in the vodka. If you prefer beer, there are low-cal options out there.
  • kroyalty
    kroyalty Posts: 22
    Options
    Budweiser Select 55 beer--55 calories per beer and pretty good if you like beer. ;)
  • jkcools
    jkcools Posts: 66
    Options
    Vodka, Sprite Zero
  • mcathryn
    mcathryn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My favorite drink is MGD 64 Lemonade. It's a beer that tastes more like lemonade and has only 64 calories / 12 oz bottle.
  • Erin_26
    Erin_26 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I know you said you don't do hard liquor, but I drink Voddy water with a lime wedge. I am pretty sure Vodka and Gin are the lowest calorie alcohols. Can't go wrong with water and a lime for taste. And I ALWAYS alternate with glasses of water and take it easy.

Enjoy your GTs!!!
  • MMFP68
    MMFP68 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I second the recommendation for Miller Genuine Draft 64, if you can get it where you live. I'm not sure whether it's available across the pond.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    If you don't want the "diet" soda's, do what I do, vodka & mix with plain seltzer water & a splash of lime. Make sure you sip slowly as you mentioned you can't handle heavier drinks, so 1 drink may hold you for an hour (as long as you sip :smile: )

Otherwise, a single 5-6oz glass of white or red wine is around 120 calories: it's also a good "sophisticated" type drink :wink:
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Gin and Tonic with Lime
  • marshmallowmind
    marshmallowmind Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Aha wow, thanks for all the recommendations! :D I'll have to find out if they sell some of the stuff you've mentioned but vodka seems the way to go. My mum always drinks vodka & lime so I think that may be one of my options.
    Thank you guys! :)
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    white wine!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    fail :(