konjac root for weight loss?

Options
i just heard about this product and was wondering if it is safe to use. so far it seems so but i wanted to see if anyone on here has tried it and had any luck. i struggle with binge eating was curious to see if this might help. is it worth the investment?

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    I have never used this, but from what I saw on Dr. Oz, it is safe and has been used for a long time. Basically it is fiber that will fill you up.
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    If I'm not mistaken, isn't that what the miracle noodle is made of?
  • LacieLamp
    LacieLamp Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have never used this, but from what I saw on Dr. Oz, it is safe and has been used for a long time. Basically it is fiber that will fill you up.

I saw that too
  • abra526
    abra526 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I saw that today on Dr.Oz, and I was wondering about it as well. i'm all for natural remedies, as I take Oil of Oregano and Astralagus for my immune system, and have really noticed a difference. If anyone has any experience with Konjac root, i'd love to hear it!
  • ashleymcquown
    Options
    so far, it seems legit but i wanted to see what you all had to say. i'm seriosuly thinking of trying this since i have major issues with recognizing satiety and regulating my binge eating : /
  • ashleymcquown
    Options

it is! i gotta check that out too
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options

ok what is Miracle Noodle??
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options

• ashleymcquown
    Options

http://www.miraclenoodle.com/?gclid=CIv78aDTrKkCFQI3gwod9FRDMA
  • Flwrsme
    Flwrsme Posts: 39
    Options
    So... I just ordered these capsules today. $4.99 on Amazon.com. Lets see how they do... =)
  • vmrink
    vmrink Posts: 42
    Options
    @Flwrsme, how's the konjac root working for you?
  • MisszObrien
    Options
    Any News on the outcome ?? I was curious about this as well I was researching PGX and someone in a review stated that the pills were expensive and that the konjac supplements were cheaper and did the same thing ! Im interested in this as well Please keep posted :happy:
  • cblack51
    cblack51 Posts: 20
    Options
    I bought a bottle of glucomannan also know as Konjac root which I paid about $20 for the bottle but haven't tried it yet. You can read about it at: http://www.cellhealthmakeover.com/glucomannan-konjac-root-fiber.html
  • pmdhardy
    pmdhardy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    wondering how anyone found the pills.. did they work for them?
  • lilojoke
    lilojoke Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I take it! PGX is good stuff and been taking it for couple years to help with cravings... This is one supplement that works but also have found eating every 2-3 hours to have same effect as PGX.
  • irishnightowl81
    Options
    I have not tried it yet because I have the powder that I got from.

http://www.pennherb.com/search?mv_session_id=FQAbw3GX&mp=s&se=konjac

I actually get all my herbs from there
    How ever swanson has a bunch of good things and you may want to check into bladderwrack. Any herb that is a thermogenic will help to boost your metabolism

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/q?kw=konjac&x=0&y=0

I read warnings though that it can expand and cause choking so make sure you are drinking water
  • Living91
    Options
    I eat Slim Pasta (miracle noodle, shiritaki noodle, konjac root noodle, whatever) for lunch and dinner 2-3 times a week and it is a great low calorie meal and an awesome substitute for pasta.

Do you overeat or do you binge?

Do you realise when you're overeating and just don't stop or you don't realise until the damage is done?

Konjac root won't help you with either of those things. I used to do all of those things and it wasn't until I learnt my binge triggers and got out of the mentality that I had with overeating. Not the answer you probably want to hear but there's no quick fix. I've tried so many things and it really does come down to changing your thoughts :(
  • elli41
    elli41 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What books have you read Etc, that have helped you with your change in thinking?
  • elli41
    elli41 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use Glucomannan in capsule form and it is absolutely the best appetite suppressant that I have ever tried. I use the capsules made by the company Now.