Pulled muscle in my neck

Options
So yea, I guess I have a real pain in the neck. I did a really rigorous workout last night and all day my neck into my right shoulder is killing me. I have tried tons of stuff today but I don't want to be like this tomorrow, any suggestions?

Replies

• santacruzjc
    santacruzjc Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ICE ICE baby...
    what exercises did you do?
    where exactly is the pain going/from?
    have tried ibuprofen?
  • lawhite1969
    Options
    This happened to me too from the shoulder press! I just soaked in hot tub (at the gym) and kept stretching it. After about 4 days it began feeling better:) BTW I didn't stop working out group, just did my reps slower with a bit less weight:)
  • 0SimplymeStacyLea0
    Options
    yep..tried ibuprofin , heat and cold compresses. more in my neck area...I did an hour of the Slim in 6 DVD.
  • mursey
    mursey Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have a recurring thing like that. When I used to go to the chiropractor it didn't happen as much. For me I have to either suffer with it for days or weeks, or get a few deep tissue massages or go to the chiropractor a couple times. None of that is cheap, sorry i don't have cheaper solutions!
  • dawniee
    dawniee Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    ICE IT!! 20 MIN TWICE A DAY....IF INFLAMMED SO YOU NEED TO BRING THE INFLAMMATION DOWN IN ORDER FOR PAIN TO GO AWAY......AND GO TO CHIROPRATOR....YOU LOVE YOURSELF FOR IT!!
  • 0SimplymeStacyLea0
    Options
    I had one of my friends massage it this afternoon and it felt a little better. The cheapest massage I found was around 50 bucks! May need to do that. Thanks and hopefully I can still do a little something tomorrow even if it is walking.
  • dclove0912
    dclove0912 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Warm it up, stretch it out, warm it down. Take an anti-inflammatory like ibuprofen or acetaminophen, or even some Aleve to help with the pain and swelling. Take a hot shower and try to relax as much as possible. Ice it for no more than 10 minutes at a time. Keep exercising, but avoid working the area that hurts in case you make an existing injury worse. Trust me on this one!! I hurt my back and thought it was just sore, and worked it too hard and then wound up having chronic pain for 8 months (till I re-injured it and it magically felt better?? lol.)