Help!! I started rewarding myself.

I've lost 20.7 lbs with the help of this app to log my daily intake and exercise.
Well, I saw the magic 20lb number and kinda quit. I guess I started rewarding myself for over a week. Now I can't shake the sweet tooth cravings!
Any suggestions?

Replies

• ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Well I suppose the obvious advice would be to stop rewarding yourself with food that doesn't fit your calorie goals?
  • princeofmind
    princeofmind Posts: 95 Member
    Ignore it for a week as best as you can and it will fade
  • meganw2020
    meganw2020 Posts: 107 Member
    Have some fruit when you have a sweet craving.
  • Sassafras106
    Sassafras106 Posts: 73 Member
    Can you reward yourself with something other than food?
    As an added bonus, a reward that isn't food might distract you from wanting sweet foods as well
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Don't use food as a reward.
  • Sashslay
    Sashslay Posts: 136 Member
    Reward yourself with something material instead! Spend that paper ;)
  • imanibelle
    imanibelle Posts: 130 Member
    Stay away from the sweets for a while, or cut down on them, and the cravings will weaken before long. :) I've been there.
  • rmgnow
    rmgnow Posts: 375 Member
    edited July 2017
    I don't think there is anything wrong with eating sweets.
    Just log it. Know what it is.
    I'm going to go out on a big limb and say this; after you guys went off the rails, you stopped logging.

When the logging stops, mentally all personal responsibility is gone.
    So eat what you like and log, soon you'll find out how to insert what you like into your daily calories
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    I eat sweets everyday, as long as I don't go over my calories. Nothing wrong with having sweets. Don't think because you had sweets that your diet is blown. Just log and keep track of it. Try to reward yourself with something besides food.. go buy a new outfit for your new and improved body.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    I reward myself with clothing that is slightly too small.
  • Blitzia
    Blitzia Posts: 205 Member
    I definitely don't think you should reward yourself with food, but can't you incorporate some sweets into your diet and still be under your calorie goal? If you're a cold turkey person, I get it. For me, I can't really do portion control with salty snacks so I just had to cut them out. But if you can moderate, there are plenty of low calorie sweet snack options:

Sugar free pudding - 60 cals (jello chocolate and vanilla swirl is my favorite)
    Applesauce (50 cal) or sugar free jello (<50 cal) + 2 tbs fat free cool whip (15 cal)
    Halo Top or Enlightened ice cream (120-200 calories for half a pint)
    Smart Ones sundaes (130 calories each - the portions are tiny and a little silly but the taste is good)
    Sweet potatoes - I'll boil with a few drops of coconut extract or microwave if I'm lazy, add a pinch of cinnamon and a pinch of truvia brown sugar and it's about 100 calories depending on the weight
    Waffles - eggo and kashi both have flavors that are 70 calories each so I'll add a pinch of cinnamon and 2 tbs fat free cool whip
    Yasso greek yogurt bars (100 calories each).

And of course fruit can be a low calorie way to satisfy a sweet tooth but I'm not really a fruit person so I left it off the list. I'm definitely not saying reward yourself with sweets, just saying that if you have a craving and you can eat in moderation there are lots of ways to add some sweets into your diet.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    You can turn it into a daily reward for staying within your calorie goal. You need only manage that the sweet keeps the total within the goal. It is entirely do-able.