Frustrated. Don't know what I'm doing wrong!

Options
mehreen_xo
mehreen_xo Posts: 78 Member
edited July 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
So I started to lose the last 15lbs at the start of July following a month of maintenance (after losing 50lbs). At the start of July I was 149.75lbs and after a week went down to 148lbs yay! However since then I have just yo-yoed. I went up to 150lbs in the second week and then went back down to 148lbs in the same week and this week I'm at 147.75lbs. It's really frustrating when I'm working out an hour 5x a week burning ~300-500cals and eating 1200-1300 cals a day which I religiously measure everrrryythingggg. Are my expectations too high or is something wrong because I just want this last bit of weight to goooo! Thank you to anyone who answers!

Replies

• vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    By measure, do you mean food scale or measuring cups?
  • mehreen_xo
    mehreen_xo Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    vespiquenn wrote: »
    By measure, do you mean food scale or measuring cups?

Food scale for solids and measuring jug for liquids
  • allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Water retention from increased exercise?

That said, 2 pounds in 3 weeks is a decent rate of loss for the last 15 pounds. Slow loss rates are easily camouflaged by random water fluctuation, so keep on keeping on for a couple more months and see where you are.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    So you've lost 2 lbs in 3 weeks? That sounds perfect with 15 lbs left to lose. It's much harder to achieve, and maintain, a deficit so close to goal. I'd say you are doing great :)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    poisonesse wrote: »
    AH, you've been working out!!! THAT'S what it is. You're losing fat, but gaining muscle. And muscle weighs more than fat! So you're still doing great! Remember, the scale isn't the end word!!! ;)

No she isn't. And even if she is, it's at most 1/2-3/4 of a pound.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    AH, you've been working out!!! THAT'S what it is. You're losing fat, but gaining muscle. And muscle weighs more than fat! So you're still doing great! Remember, the scale isn't the end word!!! ;)

No... Also, a pound is a pound. A pound of feathers weighs the same as a pound of bricks.

Muscle is DENSER than fat, and thus a pound worth takes up less space. But that is it. No way she has replaced the fat with muscle so quick, either.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

No. Not going to gain muscle on a calorie deficit. That's not how it works.

OP is losing at a reasonable rate. Nothing to worry about. Just need some realistic expectations. :)
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Seriously, start using a trending app. Saves me so much stress now that the weight loss has slowed. The trend line is extremely reassuring.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    So that's a downward trend of 2 lbs. I don't see the issue. This is what it is going to look like as you get closer to goal, especially considering your cycle/water weight gain. Use a trend scale app to track your weight.
  • bm97584
    bm97584 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself only once a week on the same day and around the same time.
  • imanibelle
    imanibelle Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Is that you in your pic? You look like a princess.
  • Blitzia
    Blitzia Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Seriously, start using a trending app. Saves me so much stress now that the weight loss has slowed. The trend line is extremely reassuring.

This. I use Libra and I'm pretty happy with it, but there are plenty of others. It's made a world of difference. It even estimates my daily deficit which gives me some guidance as to how accurate my logging and TDEE estimates are.