Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Pulled muscle in my neck

So yea, I guess I have a real pain in the neck. I did a really rigorous workout last night and all day my neck into my right shoulder is killing me. I have tried tons of stuff today but I don't want to be like this tomorrow, any suggestions?

Replies

• santacruzjc
    santacruzjc Posts: 5 Member
    ICE ICE baby...
    what exercises did you do?
    where exactly is the pain going/from?
    have tried ibuprofen?
  • This happened to me too from the shoulder press! I just soaked in hot tub (at the gym) and kept stretching it. After about 4 days it began feeling better:) BTW I didn't stop working out group, just did my reps slower with a bit less weight:)
  • yep..tried ibuprofin , heat and cold compresses. more in my neck area...I did an hour of the Slim in 6 DVD.
  • mursey
    mursey Posts: 191 Member
    I have a recurring thing like that. When I used to go to the chiropractor it didn't happen as much. For me I have to either suffer with it for days or weeks, or get a few deep tissue massages or go to the chiropractor a couple times. None of that is cheap, sorry i don't have cheaper solutions!
  • dawniee
    dawniee Posts: 143 Member
    ICE IT!! 20 MIN TWICE A DAY....IF INFLAMMED SO YOU NEED TO BRING THE INFLAMMATION DOWN IN ORDER FOR PAIN TO GO AWAY......AND GO TO CHIROPRATOR....YOU LOVE YOURSELF FOR IT!!
  • I had one of my friends massage it this afternoon and it felt a little better. The cheapest massage I found was around 50 bucks! May need to do that. Thanks and hopefully I can still do a little something tomorrow even if it is walking.
  • dclove0912
    dclove0912 Posts: 13 Member
    Warm it up, stretch it out, warm it down. Take an anti-inflammatory like ibuprofen or acetaminophen, or even some Aleve to help with the pain and swelling. Take a hot shower and try to relax as much as possible. Ice it for no more than 10 minutes at a time. Keep exercising, but avoid working the area that hurts in case you make an existing injury worse. Trust me on this one!! I hurt my back and thought it was just sore, and worked it too hard and then wound up having chronic pain for 8 months (till I re-injured it and it magically felt better?? lol.)