Back Spasms

When I walk or run for a while my whole lower back begins to get really tight and painful. How do I stop that from happening?

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Ask a physical therapist
  • kimie54
    kimie54 Posts: 24 Member
    I've been having the same issue while walking. It's like I'm too tense.
  • Tygirl2016
    Tygirl2016 Posts: 122 Member
    Look up stretches for runners to do after your run. I would get tight muscles that would domino and cause other muscles to get tight and then I'd end up with back pain. Stretching has become part of my routine.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Could get better with core exercises.
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Sometimes back problems can come from bad shoes. Have you tried being fit by a running store? Considered orthotics?
  • MidModJenn
    MidModJenn Posts: 216 Member
    Also make sure you're properly hydrated. I find that my back spasms start most often when I've been lax about drinking enough water for a couple of days... then the least bit of exercise and my back seizes right up. It's excruciating.
  • diontre840
    diontre840 Posts: 50 Member
    I have got some orthodics last week and have been wearing them
  • reatk
    reatk Posts: 11 Member
    I have had serious back problems with spams this past year, it put me out from any exercise and even working at some points, I ignored the warning signs and carried on running, please don't ignore them, things I found really helpful, YouTube Pilates for back pain- there's some brilliant stretches that really release your back, get lots of heat on the area, hot bath and rest up, if you can go see a physio mine was a god send.