Keto Diet

Options
Tell me. Have you tried it? Did you like it? Results?

Replies

• Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I read a ton about it and it wasn't right for me. I think a lot of people on here do it...you should get some responses, if not do a search on it.

Are you looking for weight loss? I'm losing quite well with hard exercise, eating right, sleep and hydration. Good luck! :)
  • i6Shot
    i6Shot Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I eat this way. I love it. Lost 16kg (35lbs). Lost 18cm (7inches) off my waist. I personally find it easy to stick to but if you have a sweet tooth, love your carbs, eat out a lot (takeaways) or have partner / family that eat rubbish in front of you, you may find it hard to adhere to.

I started trying to replicate the missed carbs such as rice with cauliflower rice, bread with various low carb versions but in the end I can't be bothered taking the time to make them. Much easier to just eat meat, add some sort of veg and my go to is to always add eggs.

I'm closer to zero carbs these days and as soon as it becomes affordable for me I'll probably cut veg and fruit out altogether.
  • missmmg2014
    missmmg2014 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've tried many diets before
    Like Atkins, 1200 calorie diet, weight watchers
    And I think keto suits me

What I learn is if you wanna lose weight
    You still gotta watch your macros and calorie deficit
    But on keto, most of the food recommended will at least keep you satisfied and full. Plus, if your not the type to constantly looking for food to eat, this will suit you.

I used to emphasize on weight loss
    But after keto, I've learned to emphasize on fat loss and that's a really big difference here.

But I think you should find one that you could live with, like Long term not short.

Basically, if you can see it being part of your lifestyle, it will work.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I tried it, it was fine, but for me no benefit beyond low carbing at a higher level and I like being able to eat all the vegetables I want plus some fruit, so I'm better off just low carbing.
  • DharmainHeels
    DharmainHeels Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I was hesitant to try it as a pescatarian but I did enough research to make it work. I LOVE it. I am following a modified keto diet but have read books on it and belong to a bunch of groups on FB. I don't do excessive fat or fat bombs and don't do bacon, etc - but I upped my fat intake and have reduced my carbs to about 30 grams a day and my sugar to about 10. I have lost 15 lbs so far when my scale has not budged in years on other diets. I am very happy with the results. I have more energy, am less foggy, and my anxiety attacks have gone away as well.
  • wavesleah
    wavesleah Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yes! First month 11lbs down
  • SteveMFP123
    SteveMFP123 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    It's super interesting but not for me, I couldn't drop all carbs.
  • sbryanthc
    sbryanthc Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I started on June 3rd of 2017 and so far have lost 15+ lbs and that's including a few days of cheating and a week of eating whatever I wanted non-keto, granted I also didn't eat junk during that week. It's really hard at first because of the keto flu. But once you get over that hurdle the food does keep you satisfied. And there's tons of yummy recipes that are keto friendly. Oh and I barely started exercising July 17. So a good majority of the weight loss was mostly the diet not the exercise. The first week or two will be hard and if you can't stop your cravings it really isn't worth it. But after it takes no effort.
    I love potatoes, mashed potatoes, French fries, anything potatoes, etc. and fruit so I don't see this as a lifestyle just a short term diet. But I do see it as a way to lose as much weight as I can until I'm satisfied with how I look in a mirror.
  • kimdevere
    kimdevere Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey all,
    I just started the keto diet myself. At first it was rough, really rough. I went through what they call the low-carb flu or keto flu. I was feeling foggy, fuzzy, exhausted, cranky irritable, and I was hangry. I say hangry because I wanted to eat everything in sight, especially carbs! But not everyone goes through this, feel very lucky if u don't and stay strong if you do because it will pass. A few tips: My friend told me about these electrolyte balance drops she adds to her water when she starts feeling foggy. They are called emdrops and you can buy them on Amazon. I use them and they really help! But anyway they help balance your pottasium ,magnesium, etc. Because when your on the keto diet you flush a lot of water and most of the keto friendly foods don't have a lot of pottasium, magnesium, or sodium. Which are all things you need a lot of when your on the keto diet. So try to eat a balance of avacodos , nuts, fish, and dark leafy greens to help keep your nutrients in check. Anyway I've lost 15 pounds in 10 days, which I would say is worth it! But I do miss all those delicious carbs. If you have the willpower to make it a lifestyle or are just looking for a temporary diet that produces amazing results, I'd say go for it! You can always have cheat days. Anyway goodluck with whatever you decide to do!
  • sophie9492015
    sophie9492015 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Carbs arent the enemy. Just watch the calories
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,517 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Most of my favourite food is carbs, like fantastic, fresh fruits and veg, sweet potatoes, rice, couscous, bulgur and pasta, artisan breads, etc... and I cannot digest fats well. So no, no way.
  • Longevity100
    Longevity100 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've seen a lot of people attempt Keto diets and very few last past the 3-4 month mark. Not worth putting yourself through that when better, sustainable approaches are available.