Losing motivation

Options
I've been eating healthy for a couple weeks now and it's really discouraging me to work so hard for a week and only drop 1.5 pounds. I know it will be worth it in the long run but right now a pound a week seems like so much work for such a little outcome

Replies

• an0nemus
    an0nemus Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Eating healthy is great, and should be encouraged, but weight loss is Calorie in and Calorie out. You can eat ice cream all day everyday as long as you burn the calories off.

Also, a 1.5 lbs weight loss is good progress. Weight doesn't come on over night, it won't come off over night. I dropped .4 lbs last week and I was happy to do it.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I would be delighted if I could lose that fast. You just have to be realistic about the trajectory of weight loss.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    You're doing it the right way. Keep doing it. Come back to this discussion after you get to your target weight and enjoy a laugh.
  • Numericmama373
    Numericmama373 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising too? If so, your body could be reconstituting itself.
  • anjixox
    anjixox Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Had lost 2 stone but now almost bk to where I was when i started. Lost all motivation & mood very low. Been single nearly 4yrs now & thought terrifies me getting back into the whole dating game as nothing seems real anymore. Anxiety & depression has well & truly kicked in now which triggers my bad eating habits. Feeling very lonley & feel ive just given up now on everything. Need to sort myself out, big Birthday in January & I really want to be in a much better place by then.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    One half to one pound a week is great progress! I know it's hard to be patient, but keep going and you'll like the results.
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Pick a date in the future, a few months out, for an event or holiday or something, and think about how much 1 pound a week will add up by then.

That, or maybe you're going too hard and feeling deprived. I always get cranky and really hard on myself when I'm hangry all the time, maybe that's what's going on with you.

Good luck!
  • loisdsnow
    loisdsnow Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I find myself getting discouraged at times and it is usually when I hit a plateau. I get down about all the hard work that I feel like I'm putting into my lifestyle changes and seeing meager results but when I look at where I was 130 days ago and where I am now, it has been worth it. Yes, I do reward myself, not with food because that was how I rewarded myself for things in the past and it backfired on me. I do allow myself a cheat day once in a while, usually if there's a special occasion. Even then I am trying to make better choices about what kinds of foods I eat on those days. I have to remind myself that this weight I have been carrying for many years didn't happen overnight and taking it off will take time. Losing one and a half pounds in a week is great. It's progress. Good luck and just keep on toward hitting your goals!