New to the c25k app.

Options
dizz1s4u2
dizz1s4u2 Posts: 1 Member
edited July 2017 in Motivation and Support
Just getting back into running after nearly a decade. I'm almost 300lbs and am getting motivated more and more. I want to lose 100lbs and keep it off for good. Looking for more motivated people to join my adventure

Replies

• hollyberry6182
    hollyberry6182 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I did the c25k app... but didn't really follow it. It gave me a good motivation to get started and gave me a buzz to keep pushing myself. I'm now training for a half marathon. Good luck. X
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Good for you! I started the C25K program 7 weeks ago, and I really like it. Two pieces of advice:

(1) go slow. I was amazed how 3 minutes of running was a real challenge at the beginning. Slow slow slow pace!
    (2) go to a running store and have someone help you pick out some proper shoes. This will go a long way toward preventing injury and keeping this a pleasant experience.

You're going to feel like a rock star every time you complete a day!
  • tg16nullity
    tg16nullity Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I agree fully with the above post. I am starting week 7 on Monday and I'm amazed that I can run for 20+ minutes now whereas before the 60-90 second runs would wipe me out. Granted, I'm going at a very slow pace, but the improvement with each run is easily noticeable.

Stick with the program, go slow, and before you know it you'll be moving on to the 10k app or repeating the 5k app only going much faster!

Good luck, and God speed!