Mistake rants safe space

Options
Safe space to let loose your frustrations whatever form they might take, no judgements, and then let go and move on!

Blah I didn't take in enough calories today because I messed up my sleep schedule last night by agreeing to go to a midnight showing of a movie and ended up sleeping at 3 in the morning. Got NOTHING done today ): didn't feed my body properly + didn't finish the book I was going to + didn't even read my daily news. I KNOW THAT I BECOME USELESS WHEN MY SLEEP SCHEDULE MESSES UP SO WHY DO I KEEP SAYING YES TO THINGS I KNOW WILL MESS IT UP?! UGHHHHHH. Feeling hella stupid and feel like I let meself down. Seriously need to start learning how to say no. ):

Replies

• MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Lack of sleep seriously messes me up too!
  • brockhampton
    brockhampton Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Lack of sleep seriously messes me up too!

Tell me about it! I feel like I lose days by just going to bed too late. And even tho the next day I just lounge around and do nothing, my body feels terrible. ): about to go to sleep now before I waste tomorrow too

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    bodwomon wrote: »
    Safe space to let loose your frustrations whatever form they might take, no judgements, and then let go and move on!

Blah I didn't take in enough calories today because I messed up my sleep schedule last night by agreeing to go to a midnight showing of a movie and ended up sleeping at 3 in the morning. Got NOTHING done today ): didn't feed my body properly + didn't finish the book I was going to + didn't even read my daily news. I KNOW THAT I BECOME USELESS WHEN MY SLEEP SCHEDULE MESSES UP SO WHY DO I KEEP SAYING YES TO THINGS I KNOW WILL MESS IT UP?! UGHHHHHH. Feeling hella stupid and feel like I let meself down. Seriously need to start learning how to say no. ):

Mistakes aren't something to beat yourself up over. I view them merely as opportunities for learning.

Learn what you were intended to from the mistake and carry on a bit wiser.

Or continue to make the same mistake - over-and-over - because you chose not to learn whatever the mistake was put in your path to teach you in the first place. :)

• choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    One of the things that is big in the education world right now is growth mindset. A major point is that mistakes are there to help us learn. What is the takeaway from this mistake that you can learn from? Use that to help you grow.

Another huge piece is the power of YET. Adding yet to the end of sentences can be pretty powerful. Instead of "I can't say no," it becomes, "I can't so no, yet!".
  • MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I think OP meant this as a place where people can vent a little then "let go and move on."
  • rmgnow
    rmgnow Posts: 375 Member
    Options

Was it a good movie though?
  • InkAndApples
    InkAndApples Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    So earlier you ate too much and today you ate too little? Both required a vent and a thread about it.

Why not take a weekly overview and chill out about it a little bit?
  • brockhampton
    brockhampton Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    rmgnow wrote: »

Was it a good movie though?

Yas it was (Dunkirk) but it was hella depressing haha not exactly my Friday night go-to