Does anyone else eat a pint (or more) of Arctic Zero or Halo Top per day?

Options
Does anyone else eat a pint (or more) of Arctic Zero or Halo Top per day? I would like to add a dessert that satisfies my sweet tooth and I love ice-cream but I have a dairy sensitivity. Does anyone eat these types of ice-cream/faux-ice cream each day, and if so, what are your results? Have you gained weight or do you continue to lose? I don't plan to change anything else in my daily intake or exercise. Please share your experience- it would be helpful! Thanks!

Replies

• Shellz31
    Shellz31 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Both products contain dairy. Although arctic zero contains dairy in the form of whey protein and I'm not sure if that makes a difference.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    pielattes1 wrote: »
    Does anyone else eat a pint (or more) of Arctic Zero or Halo Top per day? I would like to add a dessert that satisfies my sweet tooth and I love ice-cream but I have a dairy sensitivity. Does anyone eat these types of ice-cream/faux-ice cream each day, and if so, what are your results? Have you gained weight or do you continue to lose? I don't plan to change anything else in my daily intake or exercise. Please share your experience- it would be helpful! Thanks!

Well, if you're currently in maintenance, you'll definitely gain weight if you eat a pint a day but don't cut back elsewhere.
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I like it. BUT do you really need to eat a pint a day? What about banana ice cream...you know mash a banana and freeze it? I also do protein ice cream: protein powder, banana, almond milk, freeze...so good and way cheaper than artic zero.
  • DM_78
    DM_78 Posts: 57 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I went through a phase of eating about a pint a day five or six days a week and was still losing a half pound to 1 pound a week on average. Just made sure I wasn't eating too many calories. I like Halo Top, but I am sensitive to lactose, so I would sometimes have a little bit of stomach upset with that. I am sticking with Arctic Zero. It's not exactly like ice cream, but I like it. Favorite flavors are Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Chocolate Cherry Chunk, Rocky Road Trip, Peanut Butter Chocolate, and Cookie Shake. I have cut back my consumption to about 2 pints a week-sometimes a pint in one sitting, sometimes only about half pint at a time. I cut back on it because it was getting expensive and also because my cravings for sweets have dramatically decreased.
  • disney_addict_1028
    disney_addict_1028 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I eat around a cup a day. I tried over indulging one day and got a mad headache. My fav flavor is peanut butter mixed with chocolate.. YUM
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend HT if you have a dairy sensitivity. If you budget your calories accordingly, you won't gain weight.
  • Kida_Johnson
    Kida_Johnson Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I eat Halo Top or Enlightened almost every day. Sometimes the whole pint but usually only half.

Arctic Zero is gross, IMO.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I do either, every day for awhile, then I'll stop. It helps me because I don't have many calories to spend and I like dessert. It's expensive.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I enjoy Enlightened occasionally because it seems to taste the best to me. I don't eat it every day, though, because it is expensive.
    Have never understood the HT type, though...tried that and was not impressed.
    None of these things will cause weight gain or loss on their own, though. The amount of calories you eat overall determines that.
  • jenhhere
    jenhhere Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    How about Trader Joe's Gone Bananas? Dark chocolate covered banana slices at only 30 calories per piece? Usually 2-3 kicks my craving to the curb
  • LizbethHeller
    LizbethHeller Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've never tried Halo Top, but I've got a coupon for a free pint so I will soon. :-) If you're looking for ideas, try making an "ice cream sandwich" by freezing a few T of lite cool whip between 2 graham cracker squares. As others have said, whether you gain or lose will depend on your total calorie count.
  • pielattes1
    pielattes1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yes, some sugar alcohols bother me (headache, etc.) such as xylitol but haven't experienced that with others. Sometimes I just want a huge bowl of ice-cream-like substitute and I am not much of a toppings person so chocolatey fix would help. I love dessert and I'm more than willing to watch my macros during the day to allow for the Arctic Zero (maybe no Halo if there's dairy in it). Whey protein depends on what it is mixed with may/may not bother me.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I ate a whole pint of Halo Top once. I discovered I do not have the constitution for it. So I just grab a few bites here and there over a few days.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    If I hit the lotto!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I have, on occasion, eaten multiple pints of halo top, not the best idea of you are a morning runner like me. Enlightened works best for me, I get the ones one sticks and have one or two. I think Arctic Zero isn't even worth eating.
  • getnickripped
    getnickripped Posts: 266 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    pielattes1 wrote: »

Im out of control with the halo top! lol. I dont eat the pint though. I have 4-5 ounces. Calories are 100 and change and I just make sure I have room for it. I plug in my my dinner and dessert in the morning so I can see what I can eat during the day.

I love the chocolate peanut butter and the chocolate almond crunch. The regular dark chocolate is a big EH for me.

I also see a lot of comments about price. I live in NY where everything is a ripoff. Halo top is $5.99 at shoprite and quite often its on sale for $2.88. When it is I stock up till the next one. Really cant beat that.
  • eisterunicorn
    eisterunicorn Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I loooove Halo Top!!!! <3 It's only between 240 and 380 calories for a whole pint and I LOVE ice cream so I only eat Halo Top for my ice cream now. :) I have lost weight successfully having several pints a week. Tonight I am having a pint of the chocolate one in a bowl with a serving of Hershey's Lite chocolate syrup. mmmmmmm. And it is high in protein. Amazing.

But it does have dairy.... so you might want to not eat a whole pint idk.. :)