Breakfast ideas? No eggs or sweets

Options
I hate eggs and sugar affects me all day if I eat it. Most healthy breakfasts have one or the other. Do you have any good ideas? I'm in a plain cereal with milk rut.

Replies

• Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Kashi blueberry waffles. Not overbearingly sweet at all but still filling and good fiber.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal - I like mine with protein powder and PB2.

Tofu scramble

Leftovers from dinner.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Small hamburger or pork chop with some cooked veggies like broccoli.
  • hiijinx
    hiijinx Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Can you tolerate fruit sugar?

I find a mashed up banana with approx 50g peanut butter mixed together is a nice start to the day. Not low fat however, if that's what you're after. :smiley:
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    My coworker eats salad for breakfast sometimes. Not sure I could go thar route, though..lol
    What are you defining as "sweets" here, exactly? Like, I like to make vanilla Greek yogurt with nuts and fruit, but the fruit is sweet..
    Then again, I guess cereal is, too, depending on what type you're eating. Oatmeal, maybe, made in a savory way? I like oatmeal with parmesan and sweet peas, for instance.
  • thelifeilove1
    thelifeilove1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Four favorites of mine are: 1. High fiber seeded wheat toast (I use dave's killer bread), a 1T smear of peanut butter, and an apple. 2. 1 c. Plain Greek yogurt, 1/3 to 1/2 c. Berries, 1/4 c. Granola, and some nuts. I stir it all together. 3. 1/2 c. 4% fat cottage cheese, 1 small banana split like a banana split, 1 T strawberry jam (heated briefly to thin it) pour this over the cottage cheese placed in the middle of the split banana for s pleasing aesthetic, sprinkle a couple tsp of sunflower kernels over the top. If your plan allows add a dry piece of Dave's killer 22 seed toast to accompany it, 4. 1 oz cheddar cheese chunk, 1 small apple, dry toast.
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    sweet potato with a wedge of laughing cow cheese on each half

smoked salmon with asparagus on a single slice of rye bread
    crows feet with smoked salmon

sweet potato hash with peppers, ham, peas, carrots

stuffed baked apples with raisins and walnuts

mashed avocado, tomato and lettuce wtih any meat wrapped in rice paper

grilled cheeses sandwich

beans on toast

quesadillas
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with nuts, raisins, & cinnamon.
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Whole grain toast with avocados or nut butter, cottage cheese, berries
  • buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat breakfast food for breakfast. Sandwiches. Leftovers. Green smoothies. Avocado toast.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Whatever you'd eat for lunch or dinner... Step out of the traditional "breakfast" box! You can eat anything you like
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat breakfast food for breakfast. Sandwiches. Leftovers. Green smoothies. Avocado toast.

This. Or:

Oats, add some neutral-flavored protein powder if you want to up the protein. Berries are a nice addition or vegetables in a savory oats preparation (I do that with an egg, but you don't need it, crumbled bacon might be nice).

Greek yogurt with a little nut butter mixed in (lots of them have no added sugar). Fruit or veg on the side if you want to bulk it out.
  • brentleyann1
    brentleyann1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    hiijinx wrote: »
    Can you tolerate fruit sugar?

I find a mashed up banana with approx 50g peanut butter mixed together is a nice start to the day. Not low fat however, if that's what you're after. :smiley:

Not really. I've tried smoothies and oatmeal with cooked fruit and I get feel sick. I can have basically plain fruit with other stuff.

I'll have to look into savory hot cereal.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I do a coffee smoothie in my ninja blender: ice, protein powder, cold brew, maybe a small chunk of frozen banana
    Or
    Quest bar and hot coffee with a tbs of half and half
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with fruit and/or protein powder
    Shake with protein powder, oats, fruit and ice
    Cheese and nuts
    English muffin w/PB
    Kodiak cakes
  • bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, sunflower $pumpkinseeds with 1/3 cup All Bran Buds. Yummmmmmm! :)
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Baked chicken and sweet potatos. Full of protein and slow burning carbs.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, nut butter and toast... neither of which really fill me up.

I'm kinda in the same situation and it's been a bit of a struggle. I often just have leftovers (like mashed potatoes and deli ham).
  • SimplyDe1967
    SimplyDe1967 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with fresh or frozen berries and crushed almonds.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Steak. Be a rebel.