Spinning Class

Options
Has anyone taken a spinning class? If so, how was it for you? And, were you more than a 100 pounds overweight?:noway:

Replies

• angebean
    angebean Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    When I did my first spin class I was close to 100 lbs overweight. I had been working out for about 6 months so I thought my endurance was pretty good....WRONG....The first spin class was really really hard and took a lot of mind play to get through it without stopping, but as I went along I realized that I could tighten up or let off some of the resistance as I needed to. A good instructor will get you through the class with their music and thinking through it. I highly recommend it and I continue to love spin class even though we have a love/hate relationship.. Do it! Go for it! It's an amazing experience =)

I have lost about 30 lbs since then and my endurance is 100 times better. LEt us know how it goes and good luck!!
  • KR0509
    KR0509 Posts: 4
    Options
    i LOVE spin class!!! its intense. make sure you bring a big bottle of water and sweat towel with you. but its exhilirating!!! plus...there is a 90 year old man..no joke...in our class. he doesnt always go all out, but he's always there!!! go for it you wont regret it!
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I love to spin. It's a great class because you decide how much you put in to it by how high you have the resistance. You can take it easy when you first start and no one will know but you. I was probably 70 pounds overweight when I started spinning.
  • lisahightower2
    Options
    The only problem I have with spin is it hurts my butt! LOL I need to get a padded seat cover before I ever take a spin class again. :)
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    When I took my first spin class I had just had my 3rd child and was probably 56 lbs. overweight. I had not exercised in 9 years. I thought I would die.

6 months and 56 lbs. gone later, I became an instructor. That was 7 1/2 years ago.

SPIN ROCKS!!!!

GO FOR IT! Anyone of any fitness level can do spin -- you do it at your own pace and work up. It is non-impact, so easy on the joints, and huge on the caloric burn.

Get started! Commit to go 3 times in the first 2 weeks, and ignore the fact that your booty hurts. After that 3rd time you will be hooked, no longer sore, and you will start dropping weight like you won't believe.

blessings.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    The only problem I have with spin is it hurts my butt! LOL I need to get a padded seat cover before I ever take a spin class again. :)

Seriously, just go 3 times in 2 weeks and you will get used to it. You don't need a padded seat or padded bike shorts. That's just expensive extra laundry :)
  • jkelly1954
    jkelly1954 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks alot guys! That has always been on my bucket list! You guys rock!
  • mon_cherie
    Options
    I'm joining a gym this week and spin class is one reason. My husband has a gym at his work and he takes a spin class. He just thought he'd give it a try after seeing people come out sweating like crazy. He's hooked. He's in good shape but said the spin class is great. He said he's never sweat so much in his life! I'm about 35lbs from highest goal (high end of the "normal" range) and 35-40 from where I ultimately want to be.

Good luck!