Healthy Crock-Pot Recipes...?

Options
Okay, so my dilemma is that I need healthy crock-pot recipes but I'm not a big fan of veggies. I like broccoli and green beans, that's about it. I know, I know, I need to learn to love veggies but I have tried and it's not quite working out. So does anybody have any crock-pot recipes that don't have a lot of veggies but are still healthy and yummy?

Replies

• GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    Options
    I don't have any recipes for you... but I would like to see what people say. I don't eat veggies either. They are typically too bitter for me.
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Bump

I am going back to work soon, and love my Crock-pot when I am working! However, my recipies are not exactly heart healthy!
  • Loredo88
    Loredo88 Posts: 9
    Options
    Okay.....what's "bump"........?
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    you can do anything in a crock pot. tonight I'm crock potting the hell outta some black beans and making soup (super yum). As long as you use a dry rub instead of a bbq sauce you should be fine. look on food network and allrecipes.com for rececipes. If you see something that looks good and you think may be high calories just adjust you meat.
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    1 Whole 4lb chicken, 1 bottle of low sodium chicken cooking stock, 20 pearl onions, 10 quartered baby red potatoes, 20 halved baby carrots, 2 chopped celery stalks and 3 cups of water. Season the chicken with rosemary, thyme, marjoram, and pepper, place in the crock pot, put in the vegetables, pour in the liquid, place on low for 8 hours. Meat falls off the bones and vegetables are nice and tender. These vegetables should be good for someone starting out eating vegetables.

Chili - 1 anaheim pepper, 1 jalepeno pepper, 1 lb ground turkey, half bag dry kidney beans, half bag pinto beansopped red onion, 1 half ch, 1 can diced tomatoes (with juice), 6 cups water. Season ground turkey with 2 tsp each of cayenne pepper, cumin, chili powder and dried cilantro. Cook ground turkey till browned with chopped onions. Pour into crock pot with the beans and tomatoes. Take out the core and seeds of the peppers. Once they are clear, chop them up and add to the mix in the crock pot. Give the mix a stir before adding the water. Then cook in the crock pot for 4-6 hours on high or 8-10 hrs on low. Great mild chili.
  • yramesor333
    yramesor333 Posts: 152
    Options
    CROCK POT CHICKEN

Ingredients

3 chicken breasts

Chicken Flavored Rice

Cream of Celery Soup

Low Fat Cream of Mushroom Soup

1 c water

salt (optional)
    NOTE I ALSO ADDED SOME RAW CARROTS AND FROZEN STRING BEANS !!! but u CAN ADD ANY VEGGIES YOU WANT

Directions

Put rice in crock pot w/ water. Combine soups and layer on top of rice. Salt chicken & layer chicken in crock pot. Set on high for 4-5 hours or low or autoshift for 7-10 hours.

Number of Servings: 4
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Okay.....what's "bump"........?

It means that you are interested in the topic and want to be able to find it later. When you "bump" or comment, it moves the thread to "My Topics" so it is easier for you to find again.
  • alwaysenl
    alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Here is one that just uses green beans & chicken that sounds pretty good, I would have it over some brown rice.

Crock-Pot Citrus Chicken
    Serves 4

1/4 cup lemon juice
    1 cup fresh green beans
    4 chicken thighs (boneless)
    8 ounces orange juice
    1/2 cup honey

1 In a 1.5 quart crock pot add lemon juice to the bottom.
    2 Then cut green beans in bite sized pieces and add to crock pot.
    3 Add chicken thighs on top of lemon juice.
    4 Pour orange juice on top of chicken.
    5 Add honey.
    6 Cover and cook on low 6-7 hours.

Per Serving: Calories 366.5, Fat 14g, Sodium 75.5mg, Carbs 44g, Protein 17g