PASTA!

Has any pasta lovers stop eating or cut back on it because of all the carbs?? If so, hit up a Trader Joes or Wholefoods Market and try the Pasta Slim or Shirataki Noodles (Fettucini or Spaghetti cut)... same 8 oz serving of Shirataki Noodles pasta compared to regular whole wheat pasta is only about....760 CALORIES & 158 GRAMS OF CARBS LESS! With those numbers, you can enjoy pasta everyday :) Only thing really taxing your body is the pasta sauce and whatever meats/veggies you're mixing it with. Check out my food log for dinner and you can see exactly what i'm talking about with the Pasta Slim noodles and if you have regular or wheat pasta somewhere in your cabinets, do the math! Hope this helps all pasta-lovers who are on a mission to lose that weight without sacrificing one of your favorite foods ;)

Presto
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/prestofitness

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    Nope.
    But I do pay attention to portion sizes and make sure I have a sauce that is full of veggies.
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    Nope! I still eat pasta :) I did switch to the whole grain noodles tho.
  • no i cant its so good and i feel like the whole wheat will be nasty?
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    NOPE! I just switched to multigrain.
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    I quit. I LOVE IT but am trying to stay away from it for now. I can portion out and eat in moderation with everything BUT pasta. It's my weakness. So until I can get all that under control, no pasta for me!
  • clrrrr
    clrrrr Posts: 261 Member
    http://www.barillaus.com/Pages/Product-Landing.aspx?brandID=5
    I'm obsessed. It tastes just like normal (at least at this point, I've been eating it for like eight years), if a bit al dente. Obviously it still has carbs but it also has a LOT of protein and fiber.
  • tcpowell25
    tcpowell25 Posts: 292
    Nope. I switched to whole grain pasta and watch portion size.
  • giaciccone
    giaciccone Posts: 257
    No. I just went down in portion.
    I love my pasta too much. I'm 100% Italian. It's all I know!
  • Miracle Shirataki noodles.

:flowerforyou:
  • emmaline8
    emmaline8 Posts: 70 Member
    I eat whole wheat pasta all the time- tastes so much better. More flavor.
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    Just try the multigrain/whole grain/whole wheat..haha or whatever else they are called..noodles! They really aren't bad. I think the first couple times I had them I made half whole grain and half regular.
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Nope, I couldn't live without pasta. I did switch to whole grain or wheat though. This is a lifestyle change for me so I am not letting go of everything.. just eating in moderation and trying to find healthy ways to eat those foods I love. :)
  • tiffwhit16
    tiffwhit16 Posts: 76
    Nope! I haven't cut out pasta. But, I do try ot choose healthier kinds and watch my portion size.
  • teasdino
    teasdino Posts: 228 Member
    If you want to skip pasta but can't, try a spaghetti squash. Poke it with a fork and then put it on a pan and pop it in the oven. It's done when it is squeezable. Get it out and set it to the side for a moment. While it is cooling make your favorite sauce. Once you can handle the squash slice it in half length wise. Scoop out the middle seeds and gunk. Then use a fork on the rest to get it out of the shell. It is very good.
    If you ate scared to try wheat pasta, you can get barilla pasta instead. Make sure it is the multigrain kind. If you look at what it is made of it will have bean flour listed. No joke. But it is really good stuff.
    Jac
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Pasta is such a guilty pleasure! I've started eating Wacky Mac though, which is a pasta made from tomato, spinach and beets. And it's really yummy.
  • yramesor333
    yramesor333 Posts: 152
    awesome thank you xx...yes i have cut my pasta out mostly:( cant wait to go 2 whole foods and get some yummy !!!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    If you want to skip pasta but can't, try a spaghetti squash. Poke it with a fork and then put it on a pan and pop it in the oven. It's done when it is squeezable. Get it out and set it to the side for a moment. While it is cooling make your favorite sauce. Once you can handle the squash slice it in half length wise. Scoop out the middle seeds and gunk. Then use a fork on the rest to get it out of the shell. It is very good.
    If you ate scared to try wheat pasta, you can get barilla pasta instead. Make sure it is the multigrain kind. If you look at what it is made of it will have bean flour listed. No joke. But it is really good stuff.
    Jac

That's the barilla plus, I get it too. Its not as grainy as the whole wheat pasta but thanks to the tons of fiber and protein they get in there somehow (bean flour I guess?!) it lets you eat a small portion and still feel very fully. I'm a big fan of it. You do have to slow down a little - you can't just gobble down a huge portion or you will feel tremendously full and bloated with all the fiber and protein once your body recognizes it.