One month in...hitting a wall on hunger.

Options
Started tracking again 6/26/17. Meal planning and flexible options along with powerlifting 3-4x a week have helped me drop about 15lbs. Only issue is the last few days have been eating at my willpower. Hunger is up more than before. Cals are about 2500 and I get those....worked to hard for this to relapse and ive got a long way to go.

Replies

• rmgnow
    rmgnow Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    So you're having 2500 a day?
    How tall? What's the height?
  • knightshonor
    knightshonor Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    6ft 322lb.
  • Blitzia
    Blitzia Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    What's your deficit set to? If you set your goal to lose 2 lbs per week, maybe that's too aggressive and you should try for 1 pound a week which would give you a few more calories per day.

Otherwise, I don't know your stats, but 2500 sounds like a ton of calories to me. For frame of reference, I'm on 1200 and while I wouldn't say it's super filling, it's manageable at my height and weight. What kinds of things are you eating? You may need to play around with your meal composition, timing, etc. to be more satisfied on 2500 calories. For instance, if you have any liquid calories, you may want to eliminate those (meaning any drinks that aren't water or zero calorie.) Are you eating any high-volume, low calorie foods like vegetables or things with high fiber? How many grams of fat are you eating? It's important to at least eat your minimum number of grams of fat per day, but fat is also the most calorie-dense macronutrient, so if you're going way over your fat goal per day, you may want to cut back and use those calories for something else.
  • ActionAnnieJXN
    ActionAnnieJXN Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have way less hunger and can eat less food when I eat more protein and fat. For instance, I just had 2.5 ounces of leftover grilled pork chop as a late night snack for only 80 calories and it took away the hunger I was feeling completely. I will probably be less hungry in the morning too.

But if I had eaten an orange or sugar free pudding cup with whipped cream for about the same calories, I would likely still be a little hungry and thinking about getting more. Not that there's anything wrong with those choices and I eat them too when I want, but I know that pork chop is gonna hold me a lot longer. :-)
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Check out your macro intake on days that you're hungry. It could be you're not eating enough protein and fat and overeating carbs. That makes some people hungry even when they've had sufficient calories.

This is not true for everyone, but worth investigating if you feel you are inappropriately hungry.

Proper hydration and adequate sleep are very important too.
  • knightshonor
    knightshonor Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Deficit is set for 1lb a week. Little to no liquid calories. Macros are on point. It's actually been pleasant so far. Its just hit me harder and suddenly. Im a big man with above average muscle mass that is also overcoming obesity. If weight comes off faster then good. Ive cut at 1750-2000 cal before and couldn't keep it going in the long run. 2500 has been working
  • rmgnow
    rmgnow Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    You can do 2500. It should be good.
    Figure out things that you like and eat those.
    Personally, I cut out all sodas.
    So I have water with almost every meal. Except when I drink beer.

Look up meal plans
    Just worry about sticking to your calories and logging everything correctly
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I try to choose what I eat very wisely. I've learned time and time again that if I eat a donut for instance that doesn't do anything for hunger and wipes out a ton of calories. For that same 500 calories I could eat chicken, cheese, cucumber, carrots and apple and a Greek yogurt which would fill me. I've been at that weight and I had to really focus a lot on what and when I eat so I can work my tail off at the gym. Friend me if you'd like.