Options
2»

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,001 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Eva_M97 wrote: »
    I'm just being curious, how much time do you spend on exercise as a part of your weight loss plan? How many calories do you burn during your work outs? Thanks it would be cool if you could share :)

7 days a week

Some days I walk a couple kilometres and climb a few stairs.
    Some days I go to the gym and take a spinning class then do a bit of rowing.
    Some days I walk 8 or 9 or 10 km.
    Some days I climb a lot of stairs.
    Some days I walk early in the day then go for a short (15-25 km) bicycle ride in the evening.
    Some days I go for medium, long, or really, really long bicycle rides.

Oh, and I mainly exercise to train for long distance cycling events. :)

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I don't exercise for weight loss. I also burn very little calories when I train. I'm in the gym about 10 hours per week lifting.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I exercise every day, but very little of it is strenuous. My goal is to either walk for two hours minimum or use a fitness glider for one hour. If I walk less than an hour, I do the glider. Between an hour and two hours, depends on how I feel. Sometimes I'll do a cardio-and-weights interval workout instead (it's not intense enough to by HIIT).

Three days a week, I do strength training, primarily with dumbbells and body weight exercises. Some of them call for a stability ball, cardio step, or ankle weights.

So, generally 2-3 hours daily.

For the record, I'm a mostly unemployed freelancer working from home, so I've got time for this.
  • kpkitten
    kpkitten Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I run 3-4 times a week for 40-80 mins each time, walk my dog 1-3 times daily depending on other activities for me and my family, go to the gym 1-2 days for 30 minutes.
    When I move out of my parent's house I expect the planned exercise to increase as I won't walk the dog every day any more
  • zjpq
    zjpq Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have a busy schedule with kids and full time university/clinical placements but have recently started trying to get either a youtube workout video or T25 into most days, more for fitness and energy than weight loss and loving it, has really helped with my upper back pain/tenseness at the end of the day!
  • kellyfeb78
    kellyfeb78 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Gym 3-5 times a week usually about an hour and half, 45 minutes doing intense cardio and then I do weights or mix it up but I always do both, I tend to burn 500 calories in 35 minutes
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    2hrs/day 6-7 days/week
  • Meaganinsardinia
    Meaganinsardinia Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Varies day to day but over the week it works out to be equivalent on 60 minutes per day working out and around 2500 calories burned over the week.
    Running 4 days per week, one day is a long run (nike half marathon training plan)
    Strength training 3 days per week (strong curves)
    Yoga (yoga studio app) a couple days a week and swimming a couple of days a week

I commute by bike but don't record it (doesn't seem like exercise if I am in a dress...). Some weeks I scuba dive, which burns a lot of calories.
  • bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I've got osteoarthritis in both knees and about 80lbs more to lose (lost 43lbs so far) so I've needed to be a little more creative in the exercise department.
    That being said I've taken advantage of the summer weather and bike at least 30 minutes 5 times a week and kayak 1-2 hrs 2-3 times a week.
    Upper and lower body workouts Canadian style. ;)
    I will add that these activities won't stop once the weight is lost - I'm looking forward to being able to do so much more. :)