What are your opinions on WhoNu Cookies?

Options
ojell
ojell Posts: 749 Member
I just bought some from Wallyworld. I had never heard of them before. They taste good, but what are your opinions on them?

Good or Bad?

Replies

• amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I love them. But don't know if they are necessarily "good" for you.
  • carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Those look fantastic thanks for posting! Love cookies, way too much, are these a nice size or smallish?
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    About the size of an oreo.
  • ojell
    Options
    bout the size of an oreo
  • ojell
    Options
    About the size of an oreo.

lol you got to it before me lol
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    would love to try them - where do you find them (besides Walmart)?
  • iverayna
    iverayna Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I saw those the other day. Flipped over the box and looked at the nutritional facts and put them back down. Just not worth it to me.. I cant remember specificly what it was that made me put it back, but i always look at sodium and sugar content first.. They sure looked good tho..
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    what's the deal with these cookies? Are they supposed to be virtuous in some way? Haven't heard of them...please enlighten me :happy:
  • ojell
    Options
    would love to try them - where do you find them (besides Walmart)?

Not sure. This is the first I have ever seen them.
  • ojell
    Options
    what's the deal with these cookies? Are they supposed to be virtuous in some way? Haven't heard of them...please enlighten me :happy:

The box says:
    As much fiber as a bowl of oatmeal
    As much vitamin C as a cup of blueberries
    As much vitamin A as an 8 oz glass of tomato juice
    As much vitamin B12 as a cup of cottage cheese & fruit
    As much calcium & vitamin D as an 8oz glass of milk
    As much iron as a cup of spinach
    As much vitamin E as 2 cups of carrot juice
  • ojell
    Options
    serving size 3 cookies
    150 cals
    7g fat
    100mg sodium
    9g sugar
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Can't find the cals/sugar/sodium online....fishy.

But apparently this is on the box;

» As much fiber as a bowl of oatmeal
    » As much Vitamin C as a cup of blueberries
    » As much Calcium and Vitamin D as an 8 oz. glass of milk
    » As much Iron as a cup of spinach
    » As much Vitamin E as two cups of carrot juice
    » As much Vitamin A as an 8 oz. glass of tomato juice
    » As much Vitamin B12 as a cup of cottage cheese and fruit

I'll just stick to my 30 cal Arrowroot cookies. I used them in anything that calls for gram crackers or crumbs b/c they taste better and are lower in cals.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    That's the same amount of cals of 90% of the cookies out there so I guess it's just the nutrients and even then, they are so processed to stick that stuff in there so..... it's a tossup. They aren't in Canada I'm sure anyway.
  • Izzybell1218
    Options
    In school last year, we had to do a project in our TAG classes. It was called Travel Mates. We would send our Travel Mate to somebody, then they would send it, and so on. And if you got a Travel Mate, you would sign it, and you could send postcards, hats, souvenirs, anything really. And my classmate, Zach, sent his on it's way and it eventually got to somebody in the WhoNu? business. So instead of a hat or a post card, they sent back BOXES of WhoNu? cookies. So we all got to eat them and we took a survey, picked what one was our favorite, and described what we thought of the cookies in full detail. They're the size of an Oreo. And Walmart does sell them. We, with the help of our teacher, did the math on the nutrition. And everything turned out really healthy! And they taste great too! WhoNu? :)
  • crunchymommy
    crunchymommy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Read the ingredients, folks. These cookies contain hydrogenated oil: trans fat. Evillll... They are far from healthy. Do they have nutritional value? Yes. Are they healthful? No.

(They also contain high fructose corn syrup and artificial flavors, but that might not bother everyone else as much as it does me.)
  • allisonmrichard
    allisonmrichard Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I had three of them for a snack/dessert tonight. They tasted exactly the same as Oreos but maybe not as creamy. It fit into my allowances for today other than sugar but I worked out a TON today so it doesn't really phase me any. :)
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I hate healthwashing. In this case, I'd support Oreos over WhoNu any day. At least we know Oreos are unhealthy treats. And this particular healthwashed cookie has trans fat and gets it fiber from dubious sources to boot.

Eat real food to get your vitamins and fiber. Eat cookies for treats.
  • sarabissa
    sarabissa Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    They were alright, but wouldn't use calories on them. Rather have a small piece of really good dark chocolate
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    Now I really want an oreo.