I just feel like a fat pig with an eating problem

I have four weeks until my 30th birthday and I want to look great, but I can't stop eating and then torture myself when I do. I'm back up to 11 stone. I wanna get to 10 7 for my birthday and I'm finding it hard. I put myself at 1200 calories today, went for a three mile run but I completely messed it up because I couldn't leave the pizza alone. I ended up scraping off the topping off three slices and eating a quarter/half of one slice with the base and I'm now up to about 1400 instead. I struggle so much with food I don't know how to do this. I hate how disgusting I look. Sorry for the rant I feel like I need support and I don't know where.

Replies

• Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    What did MFP put your calorie intake at? It should be higher than that I think for your weight. I love food and especially 'dirty' food :D and I still eat it but make sure it's within my calorie goal :) Do you exercise? I eat back at least half my exercise calories... I'd shrivel up if I didn't lol :D I drink lots of water to fill the gaps too.
    You're not disgusting and you're not a pig! You can do this, you just need to take your time and find a plan that suits you :)
  • n_green_l
    n_green_l Posts: 74 Member
    MFP put me at 1200 to lose two pounds a week. I go running three times a week and maybe a class, which I've only got back into so haven't been exercising that long. I wanna do body pump but scared it will make my weight go up. The weekends are where I struggle like today because I'm not at work to distract me from eating so always let's me down!!
  • Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Why would body pump make you gain weight? As long as you burn more calories than you eat, you will lose weight :) I struggle with water retention but I'm trying to stay hydrated to combat that. When you're thinking of food and eating because you're bored or just because try doing something else you enjoy :) Do you have any hobbies?
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    I would switch your goal to lose 1lb a week. 2lbs is too aggressive. You have to remember that you didn't gain the weight quickly and you won't lose it quickly.

I would also make small changes at a time instead of trying to do everything at once. Sounds to me like you're drastically reducing your calories AND working out a lot. It's overwhelming and when it gets overwhelming we tend to sabotage ourselves or quit entirely.

Make a goal to log your calories correctly and eat at the calorie goal MFP set for you. Do that for a few weeks then gradually start adding exercise in.

Remember that this has to be a lifestyle change so you have to do things that you can live with for the rest of your life.

And be patient. I know, easier said than done, but impatience isn't going to get you anywhere but frustrated. I think you have to be realistic and realize that by your 30th birthday you can lose 4 pounds.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Agreed with those who mention 2lb per week being far too agressuve for you, and to bump up your calories to lose 1lb per week, plus half of your purposeful cardio calories. You need to fuel your body for the exercise and for weight loss.

Also, drop the negative self talk. It's not doing you any favours. It will hinder your weight loss.

Stop thinking of foods being good/bad. Weight loss is 100% about calories. You want pizza? Go right ahead. Weigh and log it. Make it fit into your daily calories.

Feel like ice cream/chips/cookies/chocolate?
    Log them into your calories. This does not mean you should just eat treat foods; concentrate on nutrition first and foremost, then add your treats.

You need to change your attitude, outlook and expectation. This is a marathon, not a sprint.

Good luck.
  • essexgirl1971
    essexgirl1971 Posts: 28 Member
    dont beat yourself up, nobody is good 100% of the time. i started 8th Jan and lost 3st, i started at 1200 calories but go to gym 4 times a week and upped my calories to 1400 plus i eat some of my exercise calories , usually nearer 1600. Body pump was one of the first classes i did and i still do it now, along with spin, body attack and pilates. Body pump helps build muscle so yes you may not lose what you want but you will look better. just doing cardio will mean you lose muscle as well as fat. im struggling to lose my last 11lb and i have to be realistic as to just how my body will look. I've had 2 ops and three c-sections so my stomach is a problem and i struggle to lose it off my bottom half. I feel so much better after exercising.I really would recommend body pump, its fun exercising in a class with others. Having a treat once a week is fine, dont look at this as a diet but as a way of life. Even when I reach my weight goal i will set another goal, not necessarily weight related . I'm always going to be a work in progress. Good luck and have a really good birthday
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    pretty much how we all felt. You just need to have some portion control and to find other ways to deal with stress. Come'on, you can do it, just like everyone else around here. We are all human. Nothing special here on doing this. So super powers needed. Just consistency and enjoying the foods you love in balance and not depriving our doing fad diets are eating so low that you binge. When people say they eat so low and feel fine, yes, it's true, until the binge hits them from left field for eating too low for too long. None of us gets a free pass from that.

Here's a place to start:

Control Energy Intake
    Perform regular physically activity

Control Problem Behaviors
    Control of Problem Behaviors is a really big deal, there are things you may not even realize you do. You're a good person right?

Chain-breaking - Separate the link between behaviors that tend to occur together, like snacking while watching television.

Stimulus control - Alter your environment to minimize the stimuli for eating, storing foods out of sight or avoiding the path to the vending machine.

Cognitive restructuring - Change your frame of mind regarding eating. Instead of using a difficult day as an excuse to overeat sub in another pleasure or reward like a relaxing walk with a friend or sitting in a Jacuzzi.

Contingency management - Plan and prepare for situations that may involve overeating or hinder physical activity.

Self-monitoring - track foods eaten, when, why, how you feel, and which physical activities were completed.

Here's some steps to think about:
    Become aware of the problem
    Gather baseline data
    Set goals
    Make a plan
    Commit to the plan
    Put the plan into action
    Reevaluate and prevent relapse
    Maintain behavioral change

You got this! We all have to put in a little effort to think of these things and work on them over time. It won't happen overnight! Take some steps and just focus! Stop calling yourself names and just fix the problem.
  • TorStar80
    TorStar80 Posts: 252 Member
    You aren't disgusting. You are a normal human being. I struggled many years feeling that way, I can't say anything that will change how you feel.. that has to come from within, but hopefully making these changes and taking better care of yourself will give you a different perspective, you'll see your body as strong and resilient and capable of carrying you through life :) You've totally got this!!
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    It is possible even 1lb a week may be pushing it, setting to .5 might be better. I think you have 7lb to loose, I know it would be good if it went in a snap of the fingers. You've not said if you allow yourself any of the calories you earn by exercising if this was not in your original set up. The system would grant you more calories if it had been. It is probable you could happily have more food, if you were to log your exercise and eat back all or half of the earned calories without compromising your progress. This will be a good way to start being kind to yourself. BTW - I'd love to be where you are.
  • ActionAnnieJXN
    ActionAnnieJXN Posts: 116 Member
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with eating some pizza toppings and a bit of crust like you did! You are a human being, not some robo-diet-machine who never gives in to hunger or desire for rich or fatty foods - give yourself a break!! I'm down over 90 lbs and trust me when I say - I have eaten my fair share of pizza the whole way down the scale.

Please don't call yourself insulting names - you are a precious "child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars, you have a right to be here". I stole that from the Desiderata. Maybe give it a listen on YouTube and buck up - you're gonna be all right. Keep going. :-)
  • holsxox66
    holsxox66 Posts: 9 Member
    edited July 2017
    I have four weeks until my 30th birthday and I want to look great, but I can't stop eating and then torture myself when I do. I'm back up to 11 stone. I wanna get to 10 7 for my birthday and I'm finding it hard. I put myself at 1200 calories today, went for a three mile run but I completely messed it up because I couldn't leave the pizza alone. I ended up scraping off the topping off three slices and eating a quarter/half of one slice with the base and I'm now up to about 1400 instead. I struggle so much with food I don't know how to do this. I hate how disgusting I look. Sorry for the rant I feel like I need support and I don't know where.

For one, YOU ARE NOT A FAT PIG. You need to keep positive and confidant girl! 1,200 calories a day? I thought mine was tough at 1,500 but I am much bigger than you by the sounds of it.

Try to lose weight slowly instead of rushing it, that's what I'm trying to do and have been succeeding. Good luck on your journey!
  • kellyfeb78
    kellyfeb78 Posts: 65 Member
    I literally can not do the 1200 plan I end up pigging out so as already suggested put ur weight loss at 1.5lb a week and u will get more calories to eat but u have the option to not eat the full amount if u choose not too
  • taziarj
    taziarj Posts: 243 Member
    edited July 2017
    If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.

You clearly do not have 75+ lbs to lose, so your target should not be to lose 2lbs per week.