Intro and a ? Please.

Options
Hey all, I'm DocRob, veteran of LCHF woe, having lost 135# in 14 months in 2013-2014. I started at 433# and got lazy at 298 I've crept back up to 331 and have recommitted to losing another 100#. I lowered my a1c from 12.7 to 5.2 and take no meds
Looking for others interested in the LCHF woe.
Now for my question??? Can someone help me figure out the recipe section of MFP? I enter all my ingredients and when asked for # of servings it calculates totals. But when I enter this into a daily meal, the carb, calories, all is totally messed up.
Has anyone mastered this that would be willing to help? Thnx.

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I don't know how to fix it. Upon entering the recipe, macros say one thing, and then when logged it is different in the diary. I double check the entries I use, double check serving size, and then once I make sure that is all right, just roll with what shows up in my diary. But I don't really do "servings." I measure it all, calculate the weight of the total dish in grams. That is how many servings it makes. I can then say the serving size is however many grams I put on my plate, so I can have my serving accurate to the gram. Cuz I am obsessive like that.
  • richb178
    richb178 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi. You sound a bit like me. I started about the same, lost a bit more, and gained back more than I lost over the last 12 years. I finally started LCHF again this week - for life! I just joined the site so know nothing about it. Anyway, good luck.
  • DocRobT2DLCHF
    DocRobT2DLCHF Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yup. Been there. In 1980 I was 300, lost down to 198. Gained it back + some. In 91 or 92 went from 330 to 200, gained it back +. In 2005 I went on Atkins, lost from 350 or so down to about 240, decided it was a good wt for an older guy. Then in 2013 I was at my highest. 433 #. Diagnosed T2, and decided this was my life from here on out.
    Once I started this, I've never cheated once. I gave up sugar, wheat (all grain), starches (potatoes, rice, lentils). My 30# carb creep was snacking on too much cheese, glass of milk instead of 1/2 cup, quart of kefir instead of 1/2 cup. You get the picture. Went from 20g carbs a day to 50-100 a day and still never ate "off list". And I have no idea why I get lazy. I'll be doing good, then just decide this is an alright wt for a while. Blech!
    Anyway, the lchf is a way of life for me, just have to buckle down. I've been back on 20g / day for 24 days. On day 21 I had already dropped 14# !!!
    For life!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Why keep doing the same diet that you fail with?

Why not try a different WOE?
  • richb178
    richb178 Posts: 47 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    LOL, who says I/they haven't?

And the WOE doesn't fail - it's the WOE when not following LCHF that fails.
  • DocRobT2DLCHF
    DocRobT2DLCHF Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    LCHF is the woe for me. To be successful it not only has to be a woe but also a wol. A lifestyle change.