C-SECTION MOMMAS!! I WANT TO SEE YOUR TUMMIES!!!!!!!! :D

Options

Replies

• tweety170
    tweety170 Posts: 167
    Options
    Well I'm not a mama, but I do have a 7" appendectomy scar that's right where a c-section would be. Not the same, I know...but look at my profile pic. It's flattened out a lot, which makes me happy.

Btw--you're gorgeous!!
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    There's a pic of me on my profile of my tummy....It's been 5 yrs...and I still have stretch marks and my belly button looks squishy, but the actual pooch is deflating :)

On a positive note---When I was only 1-2 years past my C-section I lost down to 115lbs, which was super skinny on me, and the pooch was still there and looked horrible. I gained about 40 lbs, and now have lost 20 of that, this time around my belly looks much better, so I'd have to say that it looks better in time....
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Yeah my belly looks like I was attacked by a tiger. Once I get to my goal weight I am definitely doing a tuck.
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    two c-sections here as well.. and TWINS... boy did they do some damage! my stomach isn't flat and has a definate pooch.. would love a tummy tuck. im afraid that is the only way that the tummy will be fixed. photos are on my profile.. don't know how to post here.. just friend me.

karylee
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I had 2 sections last one 02-07-08. I will post pictures when I have hit my weight loss goal. I have been working out to some of Jillian Michaels workouts and it is paying off. I was lucky not to get any stretch marks with either one of my kids, so it's just the lower abs that I need to get into shape. Even though I gained weight through each pregnancy and struggle to get it off over the last 3 years, it was all worth it. My children are wonderful and I love them so very much. xx
  • mesafford
    mesafford Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Okay I am not in the c-section club, my girls were both delivered vaginally. But I am in the stretch mark and loose skin club (can someone PLEASE revoke my membership??????).

I have lost all of my baby weight and then some, and the more I lost the worse the skin looked. Someone else said it- deflated balloon. I am coming to terms with the fact that the only cure for that is surgical. It's not a muscle tone thing, it's a skin thing.

On a similar note- I have that thing where your abdomin muscles dont go all the way back together after pregnancy. It's called "rectus abdominis diastasis." You can literally feel the gap in the middle of the muscles. It causes kind of the "paunch" look. I don't have much fat on my stomach, but it sort of pooches out because those muscles aren't holding everything in the way they should. Does anyone else have this issue? It makes me so mad because surgery is truly the only fix for that.

Ohhhhh well. I have two beautiful girls. :)
  • LosingJenn
    LosingJenn Posts: 27
    Options
    I had my twins at 36 weeks via emergency c section and was so huge. I gained almost 100 pounds in the pregnancy. The more I lose, the bigger the pooch and hanging skin gets. i fear it will only be fixed with surgery and plan to get it after I reach my goal and maintain for a year.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    i had him 10/31/08. I have abs of steel underneath my pooch but my stretch marks have pretty much gone away since I have lost all of my weight. We will see about the pooch.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    my last one was on 06/03/05 (the c-section before was 04/23/01) and my pictures are on my page. I'm not savvy enough yet to figure out how to post them here..... :glasses:

Wow! You look great.

thank you so very much!!
  • RachelJE
    RachelJE Posts: 172
    Options
    I won't show you my tummy, but this is a friend of mine. My sister-in-law has had 4 babies, and SWEARS by this product, and I use it on my arms and neck - it has made a huge difference in my life. :)

I can't figure out how to get the photobucket link to work, so just look under my pics and I put it there as well. :)
  • mamacremers
    mamacremers Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I think it's the stretch marks that killed me. My last c-section was 9/09, first 2/06. I just have this floppy hunk of skin hanging down and with the more weight I lose, it's just floppier! Oh, if I only had the money for a tummy tuck!!!
  • crystalmichelle82
    Options
    my pics are my profile pic and i had a c-section back in Dec '03, good luck
  • Wanting2BSkinny
    Options
    I've had 3 c-sections......1993, 1995 and 1999. And that has got to be my biggest problem area. I always thought that surely since they cut through all that muscle and all that you could never get it back the way it was. That probably just made me feel better about the way it looked. I've only, after all these years, began exercising and although my stomach is no where near flat, I can tell a difference. It's not as hangy (gross....lol) anymore. It's just gonna take a whole lot of time and butt kicking to get it flatter.
  • usmcwifemom
    Options
    2 c-sections, 4 and 2 years ago.
  • Nikkiairforcewife
    Nikkiairforcewife Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    No one sees it. EVER. I asked my husband, "Can I have a tummy tuck when I get down to my goal weight?"

I have 23 month old twin boys delivered by emergency c-section at 35 weeks and then 14 1/2 months later a baby girl delivered by c-section. I don't really see how this thing is going to go away-- even when fully deflated.

I know that skin elasticity varies from person to person and also depends on if you lose the weight very slowly. I don't see how cutting through the layers to do a c-section could not have caused permanent change.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I had a c-section in September of '07. There are pics in my profile. I don't know how to post here them either :smile:
  • Abigailblue39
    Abigailblue39 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Here's mine. C-section 6/2/09. I was lucky though, I started doin abs after 6 weeks, and I got my six-pack back after 2 months...
  • olso123
    olso123 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies....this is a current picture of my tummy. I had a C-section 23 years ago and a hysterectomy 8 years ago. I worked hard right after both to work off the pouch and through consistent abdominal exercises I was lucky to have kept this problem area under control throughout the years. I am in my 50's and due to my metabolism changing from menopause recently I have had to keep a check on the tummy area again due to putting on that dreaded menopause pouch. Ladies between having children and going through menopause our tummies take a beating.
  • c_ramey
    c_ramey Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Well I'm not a mama, but I do have a 7" appendectomy scar that's right where a c-section would be. Not the same, I know...but look at my profile pic. It's flattened out a lot, which makes me happy.

I have one of those scars, emergency style with a little sloppiness on the side, it is ugly! It makes my tummy look very un even!
  • AmesLee78
    AmesLee78 Posts: 111
    Options
    Let's see....I'm 5 feet tall, I've had THREE c-sections and 6 weeks ago had a hysterectomy which resulted in a 4th incision that is just like a c-section. I am 100 pounds overweight.

Even if/when I lose the 100 pounds, the pooch is gonna always be there for me. I already know for a fact I will need surgical assistance to get rid of it :(

Edited to add: Hubby already said he has no problem with me having a tummy tuck if I can lose the weight so no worries about that. And if I can talk my doctor in to it, I'm sure we can get our insurance to cover most of it..hehe