Couch to 5k. New runner here

Options
2»

Replies

• Mndelta25
    Mndelta25 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Track it under cardio, figure out how many minutes you ran, and how many you walked. Track those separately. As for shoes, as others have said, ignore all advice from everybody. Go try on shoes, especially at an actual running store. Everybody has different feet and "comforts". I love my Saucony shoes, my wife loves her Asics. I like one year's version of a certain shoe where other people hate that year. Try on a bunch, and see what you like.
  • sarajcahill
    sarajcahill Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Just got done with day one of c25k! It was tough but I pushed through and finished it! And surprisingly I liked it!! It helped that I had a good playlist to!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    This time last year I could do barely more than the minute on minute off, last Thanksgiving I ran 5k on my treadmill and worked up to outdoor distances. Today I ran my first proper organised 5k, it was awesome! Now I need to perfect it. It gets addicting, you can do it! Remember to take your rest days, and if it feels like you're pushing too hard, repeat a week. You're on nobody's schedule but your own.
  • sarajcahill
    sarajcahill Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Good job!! I can't wait to run a 5k!!