Momma's Boys

Options
boomboom011
boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
Please please help me not raise my son to be a sissy! I know im raising a big momma's boy! I cant help it.

How many of you are momma's boys?

Replies

• jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    mine is the biggest mama's boy ever... but he's not a sissy... except when he's tired.
  • mommyoftwins05
    mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    My fiancee isn't a momma's boy... but one of my twin boys is a huge momma's boy!! But he is only 6 :)
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Momma's boys aren't necessarily sissys. They just love their mommy :)
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Please please help me not raise my son to be a sissy! I know im raising a big momma's boy! I cant help it.

How many of you are momma's boys?

I have 4 sons.....19, 17, 13, and 9. And believe me, there will come a time when your boy(s) think they don't need you anymore. My 9 yr old is my biggest fan and Im soaking it in. Because some day he'll be to cool to give his mom hugs and kisses! :sad:
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    My husband is a momma's boy (well, grandmas boy - his mom passed away when he was really little) but he's not a sissy. And because of that he's always treated me with nothing but respect. So being a momma's boys isn't always a bad thing.
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I think mammas boys are good. How they treat there momma is how they will treat there wifes. I am married to a sorta mommas boy. Of course it helps i truley like his mom to i guess. She isnt over bearing or noisey but i know i can talk to her and he loves his mom I would never come between them either. Respect for each other goes along way i guess. But i do have two boys of my own and I didnt intentionaly make mammas boys but i have two lol. One trys hard not to be, but he is what he is. I also am not in his business alot but he both of them come to me for advice and stuff. I think it is sweet. One is 21 the other is 23. I just call it close nit family and alot of love. :)
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    There are levels of the "mama's boy" thing. I think the kind of relationship a guy has with his mom is very important and very telling (assuming she has always been a good mother). If he loves his mom and is close with her but not still dependent on her for basic, day-to-day tasks like cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc., then we're cool. If he still relies on her to take care of him like he's a little kid, then that's a problem. I don't even mind if he talks to his mom every day. If I don't call or e-mail my mom every day, she imagines all sorts of horrific things, so I get that.

I would say, in terms of raising sons who love their moms but aren't "sissies," just make sure you don't do everything for them their whole lives ... they need to learn personal responsibility. Also, it helps if they spend quality time with solid male role models, whether it's Dad, Grandpa, an older brother, or whomever. Balance is key.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    oh im raising him to know how to treat women for sure. he is just sensitive and when he gets upset i want to hold him. my husband disagree with that and he is probably right!

however, im going to love him how i want! he is a good boy.

I was married to a mommas boy and i used to hate it but now i see why his momma was like she was. I hated it when i was married to him but she was good to me. So hopefully i wont be too tough on his wife! lol

P.S. he's 5 lol dont judge me! i want to love on him all the time! :)
  • calinabyrd
    Options
    I definitely can feel your pain on this one. My son sees his father MAYBE 2 times a month, and when he does he's a totally different person. But I'm the "good cop" in our parental equation and I really hope that I'm not setting him up for failure. He is a MOMMA'S BOY without a doubt, and he is very spoiled by me, my mom, and my 2 sisters. He loves to dance, but some of his moves are a little questionable sometimes, which I have to turn my "bad cop" mode on and teach him the boy-appropriate moves. Then, he's very dramatic and has a bad temper...I've attribute it to the "trying 3's" but it may just be because he's used to attention. I'm slowly trying to get him to pull away from me and hang out with his own friends, especially other boys, but at the end of the day all he wants is Mommy. I'm thinking once he's in school on a regular basis, things will change....at least I hope so. But right now, I'm just enjoying having my own little groupie lol