Eating Disorder Recovery

Options
ezziefg
ezziefg Posts: 1 Member
I'm starting on this app after hitting 200 at the Doctor's office and having a minor breakdown.

But it's not my first time dieting. In fact I've been obsessively dieting since I was in kindergarten and finally let it go somewhere around age 20. I'm 22 now, and two years sober. I am "clean" on a lot of things in life, especially a lot of self destructive habits, but my eating and exercise habits are terrible and I am trying this out while being extremely cautious, not wanting to fall back into negative habits.

The first thing I noticed is the calorie amount MFP gave me was like twice what I expected (as per my old "diet" habits).

I'm pretty nervous. I wanted to hear from people who are firmly in the place of ED recovery. Over the hill if you will. Tell me about fitness in your life. How do you struggle with food monitoring?

I'm sure other ppl are as sensitive to the "pro-ana, pro-mia" boards we used to lurk on in the early 2000's so I'm going to say this once THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO GLOAT ABOUT NEGATIVE HABITS.

In fact I would prefer if this discussion has NO MENTION OF EXACT WEIGHT, MEASUREMENTS, OR CALORIE INTAKE.

I firmly consider those things triggers and I'm trying to open up this discussion with honesty.
How is food tracking going for you? What do you struggle with? What's going positively? Is this sustainable for you? Let's talk about it

Replies

• Mads7878
    Mads7878 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your new life I wish the best!
  • xxCDelgadoxx
    xxCDelgadoxx Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am in the same situation, I had negative habits for 4 yrs until I had my daughter. It took ALOT to start eating healthier to get through it. Now
    Here I am at 26 and I'm overweight with 4 kids. I honestly believe that I "traded" one ED for another. I do know the feeling on wanting to get healthier without triggering old habits and thoughts. I think my main trigger is having to count calories again, because that's how my ED started. It gets obsessive. I'm hoping that with help I can stay on a healthy road this time. Add me if you need a friend!