Consuming a lot of calories in one sitting?

Options
How's it going everyone? Just curious if this happened to anyone.

I ate a small breakfast in the morning. Old fasioned oat meal w/ a cup of cappuccino to be exact. I was busy all day at work and did not eat anything until I got home which was around 8. However, I didn't seem to be hungry during the day.

Anyways, I went home and started eating almost everything so that I would get some calories in. I am currently bulking if you were wondering.

Replies

• codyyde
    codyyde Posts: 36
    Options
    It has happened to me. I barely eat anything during the day and then I get home and have to eat a lot :/ I don't think anything negative has come from it for me but I am losing weight
  • codyyde
    codyyde Posts: 36
    Options
    It has happened to me. I barely eat anything during the day and then I get home and have to eat a lot :/ I don't think anything negative has come from it for me but I am losing weight
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    i think you're fine as long as you don't do it every day or for more than at couple days in a row
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I have to do that when I work long shifts with one break (like tomorrow! :P)

It hasn't slowed me down at all.
  • nguyenedward
    nguyenedward Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It shouldn't affect you in anyway. You can starve yourself all day and eat all your calories for dinner and still get the same results! As long as you get in your macros.

I was just curious on who else had a busy schedule or have done this before.
  • razeak
    razeak Posts: 12
    Options
    It won't hurt you as long as you don't consistently go into a caloric surplus for your individual needs.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Yea, we all have days like that! I normally do a balanced bf, lunch, snack, dinner, small dessert, but the other day I had work and school so had breakfast, a snack, and then a bunch of random things at night.
  • 4KidFather
    4KidFather Posts: 134
    Options
    I've been eating similarly all year.
    Works great.
    IF you are bulking up then look into snacking on some protein/fat rich stuff during the day - almonds/ macadamias.
    and make sure you time it ( and carbs) around your weight training.
    enjoy :)
  • katie_on_a_mission
    Options
    I usually save most of my calories for dinner because I love me a hearty meal and some wine as I wind down for the day. My weight loss has been going well. Still, it's "better" to eat throughout the day in order to keep your metabolism in good shape.
  • 4KidFather
    4KidFather Posts: 134
    Options
    I usually save most of my calories for dinner because I love me a hearty meal and some wine as I wind down for the day. My weight loss has been going well. Still, it's "better" to eat throughout the day in order to keep your metabolism in good shape.

I used to believe that until I started 1-2 meals/day and intermittent fasting regularly. My physical performance and energy is now much better. But I'm pretty active and a guy. I think just try whatever helps you reach your goals. In a rut mix it up.
    Personally feeding less frequently is MUCH easier - not to mention the time.
    MOST importantly -eat real food :)